Laptops Should I buy a Macbook?

I'm sure almost all power users have mac/pc too as their secondary system, and are pretty proficient in operating both.

Proficiency in using the OS is never a problem for either of these OS as both are quite trivial to use. At least, its nothing compared to a greenhorn being given a Linux box without GUI and asking them to figure things out on their own.
Stability & reliability for non casual usage is the main issue for Mac OS compared to Windows. Apple has essentially been loosing its Pro users because of this, but the influx of casual users is just making up for it which is why its market share remained fairly stable instead of increasing or diminishing. That is coming from a stage where Mac's were exclusively used for professional work.

Most people with casual usage may not come across any major issues, but if you use it for fairly pro user/power user style work, you will definitely find it far far away from being a stable OS. For instance, try installing 2500+ fonts and a shit load of software/Development tools. Windows may slow down a bit based on specs, but you will start seeing a lot of crashing/freezing and weirdness on Mac OS. Saying this from experience of running this kind of setup on an iMac with both Mac OS and windows installed. Even a few artists at my present workplace with used 27" iMac's till recently have lately been switching to windows boxes after constantly getting irritated by issues on Mac OS newer releases.

On the other side, while people like to say that window is unstable, it has never been the case in my experience. I think most of those cases boil down to people building PC's with cheap overrated PSU's and then blaming all stability issues on Windows. The only other reason is badly written drivers or driver bugs which is still way better situation since they support a vast variety of hardware combinations compared to Mac OS which has issues even with the limited hardware possibilities. In last 15 years of using WinXP/Win 7, I have rarely seen any stability issues with windows and not even once seen any stability issue that can be pinned down on the OS.

its 50/50 chances, some serial nos may be blacklisted or may be from international market or any other reason. why take risk
Guys please don't confuse someone when you don't know what you are taking about.
You can go to call any Apple Authorized service center and ask them if they honor warranty on international / online bought macbooks.
1. I have personally availed warranty for Macbook bought from HK.
2. My friend has recently availed warranty for Macbook Air bought from Snapdeal.

Guys please don't confuse someone when you don't know what you are taking about.
You can go to call any Apple Authorized service center and ask them if they honor warranty on international / online bought macbooks.
2. My friend has recently availed warranty for Macbook Air bought from Snapdeal.
Even though I don't know much about these things but as other people have said that warranty of apple is based on serial nos so it i guess it doesn't matter whether you buy from Snapdeal or from apple store directly

All products on 3rd party sites does not necesserily mean to have come from one source. the products are often sold by different sellers and there is no uniform process to regulate all sellers who resell apple products that is why apple listed the authorized resellers from whom its absolutely guranteed that the product will be genuine. So even if fulfilled by Amazon or WS Retail may be actually Authorized resellers of Apple products it does not automatically makes all sellers on Amazon.com and flipkart.com authorized resellers.

Apple has also made a list of internet resellers here http://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers and here http://salesresources.apple.com/sp/catalog for information.

I am well aware of the fact that apple honor warranty on the basis of its serial numbers. but that also means they have the ability to blacklist the serial numbers if they deem appropriate. OP can check the serial number https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do if he wants to be sure that the serial is servicable or not.

Apple may also restrict service to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the hardware product. just because you have availed warranty on your HK purchased macbook does not mean that everyone who purchase macbook internationally will get warranty.

And Apple Denied service to me for my iPhone 3GS and iPad because it was purchased internationally. Companies like HP, Dell and Razer also does for their products and they service on the basis of serial number itself.

rest is upto OP to decide I cannot stop someone from doing anything but i would recommend getting from Snapdeal fulfilled if you're buying from snapdeal.

Last edited:
I wannna tell you guys that I am Android user.And after some research I got to know that to add or remove any file from android from mac i have to install Android file transfer and even after installing it i can't add file to the phone of more than 4 gb at a time.even though i usually don't require to do so but still i have still have a doubt about mac as i am going to buy a mi pad.so i wanna ask you guys is there any other restrictions that windows or Android users may face in daily tasks on mac?

You'll have difficulty writing to an NTFS partition. Can be done using some softwares but not inbuilt.
Ya I know that using some software i can write on ntfs but aAFAIK Android is fat 32 and there is a limit of 4 gb.but thats not the point. I am asking are there any other problems that i may face because of the closed and restrictive nature of osx as being a windows and Android user?

Ya I know that using some software i can write on ntfs but aAFAIK Android is fat 32 and there is a limit of 4 gb.but thats not the point. I am asking are there any other problems that i may face because of the closed and restrictive nature of osx as being a windows and Android user?
I believe in exFAT you can have files greater than 4GB in size, but it's not widely supported on Android.
I don't think there are any restrictions as such in OSX in general usage, but would be better if you can list the daily tasks that you are referring to.

I believe in exFAT you can have files greater than 4GB in size, but it's not widely supported on Android.
I don't think there are any restrictions as such in OSX in general usage, but would be better if you can list the daily tasks that you are referring to.
Thanks for the reply bro.I just want to ask you something. Like if i have a non apple mp3 player or psp or other older nokia phones which have usb support and in which files can be added by plug n play and drag and drop on windows,will i need to have a separate app for them for adding files to them ? And if i install parallels or any other virtual machine on mac then can i access and add files of more than 4gb at a time on those devices and other fat32 devices?And can i root android devices on virtual machine? Thanks

Dont worry about it. You can check it online when you get it. if it doesnt show return it. These Apple store aholes will obviously misguide you cause they stand to make 20k on each sale. Apple sells online in all countries including amazon and other retailers.
Some people are saying that mac bought online are aften supplied with fake chargers and its risky to buy such a costly item online.I really want to save some bucks and want to go for online option but i am afraid.as given on apple's website flipkart is authorized reseller of mac but the seller is alvstore not wsretail.so should i go for flipkart option?

Thanks for the reply bro.I just want to ask you something. Like if i have a non apple mp3 player or psp or other older nokia phones which have usb support and in which files can be added by plug n play and drag and drop on windows,will i need to have a separate app for them for adding files to them ? And if i install parallels or any other virtual machine on mac then can i access and add files of more than 4gb at a time on those devices and other fat32 devices?And can i root android devices on virtual machine? Thanks
You can write non apple mp3 player etc and plug n play devices just by Copy / Paste similar to windows and don't need any separate app for the same.
Rooting Andriod devices can be done directly from Mac though process will be different from Windows.
Fat32 does not support files over 4GB so you cannot do that even in windows, you need exFAT for that i think, MAC also supports exFAT natively.

Some people are saying that mac bought online are aften supplied with fake chargers and its risky to buy such a costly item online.I really want to save some bucks and want to go for online option but i am afraid.as given on apple's website flipkart is authorized reseller of mac but the seller is alvstore not wsretail.so should i go for flipkart option?
Apple Magsafe Charger is Patented technology and as far as i know no one has till date been able to crack it till date, so fake chargers will not charge your laptop.
Also if your charger goes bad or breaks and it's out of warranty your have to buy it from Apple itself as a result which will cost more than 5K depending on the model.

And Apple Denied service to me for my iPhone 3GS and iPad because it was purchased internationally. Companies like HP, Dell and Razer also does for their products and they service on the basis of serial number itself.

rest is upto OP to decide I cannot stop someone from doing anything but i would recommend getting from Snapdeal fulfilled if you're buying from snapdeal.

iPads and phones are NOT covered by international warranty but laptops are.[DOUBLEPOST=1447666522][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone else who bought from e-retailers and got any warranty issues

I bought 2 Airs a few years ago, one from KL and one from Amazon, US. Both had power adapter issues, and warranty was honoured.

I bought a 13 Pro a few months ago from Amazon, and the extended warranty from ebay. Looks all OK[DOUBLEPOST=1447666686][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys can you please explain to me if i really have to have a apple product with macbook to have a good experience? And the reason i don't to go for windows because they tend to get slow over a period of time even if there is no bloatware installed.And i want to experience a mac.

I switched [at home] from Win to Mac 4 years ago. Love it. I hate iOS, so don't have an iPhone. Use an android. Very good for what I need.

Last edited:
iPads and phones are NOT covered by international warranty but laptops are.[DOUBLEPOST=1447666522][/DOUBLEPOST]

I bought 2 Airs a few years ago, one from KL and one from Amazon, US. Both had power adapter issues, and warranty was honoured.

I bought a 13 Pro a few months ago from Amazon, and the extended warranty from ebay. Looks all OK[DOUBLEPOST=1447666686][/DOUBLEPOST]

I switched [at home] from Win to Mac 4 years ago. Love it. I hate iOS, so don't have an iPhone. Use an android. Very good for what I need.
Looks like amazon is an authorized online dealer in USA.http://salesresources.apple.com/sp/catalog/ And where did your buy pro from?india or us?and what should i do?so is it safe to buy from snapdeal?as snapdeal is not listed as authorized dealer on apple india website.

Looks like amazon is an authorized online dealer in USA.http://salesresources.apple.com/sp/catalog/ And where did your buy pro from?india or us?and what should i do?so is it safe to buy from snapdeal?as snapdeal is not listed as authorized dealer on apple india website.
as long as the seller is not shady you should be fine, just be sure to check his feedback and rating before placing order from snapdeal. The marketplace itself won't affect the items. (There are few offline Authorized sellers who sell on multiple marketplace, so as long as its from a legitimate source you should be fine.)

as long as the seller is not shady you should be fine, just be sure to check his feedback and rating before placing order from snapdeal. The marketplace itself won't affect the items. (There are few offline Authorized sellers who sell on multiple marketplace, so as long as its from a legitimate source you should be fine.)
I goggled the snapdeal dealer and found that he is of mumbai orgin.then i searched his firm name on apple authorized dealer in mumbai but dint find him in the list.i did the same thing with flipkart one but then also dint find him in authorized dealers.as per the apple's site,Flipkart is the online dealer.and Flipkart is selling it for 66k.and also i talked to a local dealer on phone and he quoted me 68k.so according to that if i go n meet him in person he may reduce the amount.

Back