Should I buy the Galaxy nexus?

caber

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 21k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Anything

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Anything

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Galaxy nexus

I'm rather tempted by the $399 price tag of the Galaxy nexus in the Play store, but the only thing holding me back is warranty, is there any chance Samsung are going to release it in India in the near future? And if they do, can it beat $399?

Nexus is, Nexus is...boring!So many new/better phones out in the market.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

cmon, seriously its the only phone which runs on PURE stock ics out of box which is awesome and will get the fastest updates plus huge development support....IMO best android experience .

cmon, seriously its the only phone which runs on PURE stock ics out of box which is awesome and will get the fastest updates plus huge development support....IMO best android experience .

Not really, Galaxy s2 on any custom Rom pretty much kicks butt and rocks an 8mp cam too.

Unless you get for 400usd I'd suggest look around for more.

^^And you say that based on what? Having used a S2 for 8-9 months (with pretty much all AOSP based ROMs) I can confirm that the experience of pure Android is totally different on Galaxy Nexus. Infact, I would go a step further and say that Galaxy Nexus is more VFM modern smartphone (considering Price/Features), even more so than the SIII considering the prices have gone down quite a lot recently.

Based on comparing both phones side by side.

ICS experience is more or less the same. If its not you are using a wrong ROM.

A colleague got the Nexus for 400USD which I think is a brilliant deal.

Based on comparing both phones side by side.

ICS experience is more or less the same. If its not you are using a wrong ROM.

Wrong ROM? I have used pretty much all AOSP based ROMs on my S2. Which ROM are you talking about? CM9, AOKP, CNA ??? And I think even you will agree that having used this phone for 8 months (and now the Nexus for a month), I am in a better position to comment on the overall ICS experience than someone who has just been comparing the phones side by side.

If you really want to grab a nexus , grab it now. Word on the street is Samsung has allready stopped the production of all international Nexus. So the current price is lowest in which you will ever get a Nexus . Few days later price will jack up simply because supply will be very less in terms of demand

go for the galaxy nexus.it is definitely better than s2 and has pretty much constant support from google.The phone also feels more premiumish than the s2.If you got a budget of around 30 odd k then go for the one x.

Support fron google, thats lolworthy.

S2 already has sold millions which in turn means devs are supporting it.

That counts.

Nexus is selling for 400 bucks in the US, why? People waited for the next gen Galaxy.

Agreed about better build quality over s2 rest is moot.

@Op Don't settle for less if you have the budget.

one x is coming at no less than 37.5k.

Nexus is selling at 400 odd because its production has been stopped and all the remaining handsets are cleared from the deck in low price. I have a gnex international and my roomy a internatioanl s2(exynos) . Real times usage mine pawns his ( hez allready in leaked european official ics) .

The thing that his is better than mine is cam and battery .

Support fron google, thats lolworthy.

S2 already has sold millions which in turn means devs are supporting it.

That counts.

Nexus is selling for 400 bucks in the US, why? People waited for the next gen Galaxy.

Agreed about better build quality over s2 rest is moot.

@Op Don't settle for less if you have the budget.

How can the support from google be lolworthy?

The nexus due to their updates has been optimized terrificly.the dev support is good for the s2 is a moot issue if he wants a no frills device.

Nexus is selling good in the u.s because it is a good phone and not because it is cheap.Ps-one x is selling for 33 k in some shops in mumbai

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

S3 has also been priced at 38k
<

Back