Budget Above 25K Should I get the S5?

ithehappy

Adept
Hey guys, I was an S4 user for pretty long (8+ months) before getting frustrated and selling it. I hated it cause with every update something broke and the phone itself was very fragile so that I had to put a protective case to it. Then I searched further and saw how disgusting and slow TouchWiz is. So I bought a hTC M7. However I received a damaged product but the major things of the phone were okay and I came to know the disadvantages of a metal phone. It took at least 3-4X more time to fix on GPS and same time to regain back network signals from areas of low / no network. Also the phone was really slippery, so I had to be careful each and every time I held it. Sense was great, but nothing extraordinary, far better and lighter than TW though.
Now I am all confused as to what to get! Sometimes I think that I need a phone with a compact size (I hate big phones), so I was thinking about the Moto X or Xperia Z1 Compact, then heard that neither of them are really that great and missing something from a high end flagship, so I now I am back to either Z2 or S5. But that Z2 is really huge! And I hate on screen buttons! Do you guys think I should get the S5? Has anyone moved to S5 from S4? Is TW little better now? I am only considering the S5 because it has a much better build quality now, if it were like S4 I would even think about it for a second.

There are no budget limitations, but honestly I don't feel that paying 45+k for Z2 is worth it, where I can get the S5 for around 38k, however doubtful that's worth it either. And if I get the S5 I am talking about the Snapdragon variant here, not Exynos.

Thanks in advance.

While S5 really is a phone which does most of the things right and has stellar hardware for future proofing itself, i am not sure how touchwiz is ensured to not be laggy with usage/age.

The Moto X really is a fantastic option for people to experience Android the way it should be. The only criticism it gets is that the innards are not as great for the price paid. But optimization is superb.
The camera (and to a lesser extent, the battery) are the sore points.

The Z2 is my general recommendation from the current crop of phones. It does everything an S5 will be able to, and it has the advantage of minimally tweaking the Android OS. So it doesnt messes up the experience a la Toucwiz. It hasnt got those stand out features like a heart rate monitor etc which ll create a buzz around it.

Last edited:
Yeah thanks. I like the Z2 too, but it's really big isn't it? I mean if you compare with S5 it's rather big, and above that the on screen buttons will take screen estate and one will actually get lesser screen space than S5. Also I have no idea if the phone is build well or not! There are drop tests of almost all phones, S5, M8 but nothing of Z2! If size and build weren't a factor I would have gone for it, but I don't know.....!

You should also consider the G2. Especially if you are open to buying one from abroad. Just picked up a mint G2 for my brother which will only cost me 16.5k after landing in India. IMO, nothing more VFM than that.

You should also consider the G2. Especially if you are open to buying one from abroad. Just picked up a mint G2 for my brother which will only cost me 16.5k after landing in India. IMO, nothing more VFM than that.
Source please[DOUBLEPOST=1401770028][/DOUBLEPOST]Personally i dont like sony phones.Their displays just arent comparable to LG/HTC high end displays.I would also recommend G2.

Thanks guys. I didn't consider the G2 because of it's cheap build, I won't put a protective case on it, otherwise it's a VFM indeed.

@Spacescreamer : No, not the LED flash bleed issue, but I have heard horrible display quality of it, the front ASF gets scratched too easy, that tiny speaker is so low and bad in sound and the earpiece too. Again, I can't expect a perfect 30k-ish phone but I just can't get used with a bad display I guess. Either way I will have to make some compromise, with S5 it's the horrible software (TW), with Z2 it's the size and slippery glass, now I just need to decide which one should be the least of my priority and decide accordingly.

Thanks guys. I didn't consider the G2 because of it's cheap build, I won't put a protective case on it, otherwise it's a VFM indeed.

@Spacescreamer : No, not the LED flash bleed issue, but I have heard horrible display quality of it, the front ASF gets scratched too easy, that tiny speaker is so low and bad in sound and the earpiece too. Again, I can't expect a perfect 30k-ish phone but I just can't get used with a bad display I guess. Either way I will have to make some compromise, with S5 it's the horrible software (TW), with Z2 it's the size and slippery glass, now I just need to decide which one should be the least of my priority and decide accordingly.
I was a sammy user myself and I can empathise with u on this.

I moved of the flag ships for ever now and am using a Nexus 5. So far very happy with it and I am sure I might only consider these vannila's even in the future. I dont need the mask of touchwiz/sense anymore

The D802t includes 4g and 32GB RAM but no sd card, so there is some future potential if plans to roll out pan 4g materialise later this year. There is no guarantee of that however, if you don't live in one of those 5 cities that airtel currently provides 4 g then you can ignore this.

: No, not the LED flash bleed issue, but I have heard horrible display quality of it, the front ASF gets scratched too easy, that tiny speaker is so low and bad in sound and the earpiece too. Again, I can't expect a perfect 30k-ish phone but I just can't get used with a bad display I guess. Either way I will have to make some compromise, with S5 it's the horrible software (TW), with Z2 it's the size and slippery glass, now I just need to decide which one should be the least of my priority and decide accordingly.
The Z1 compact is as close to perfect as you can get, the problem is the screen is too small if you need to read things. If you were used to 5 inches than going to 4.3 is going to be cramped. Z1c strikes me more as a casual phone for power users.

Z2 prices will come down as units without bands are arriving, so 42-44k is possible. The issue with Z2 is it heats up a little more than the others. Does not crash or anything, just that some case will be better than naked if ambient temperatures are 35 degrees and over. Software updates will bring this down to what the competition can do.

Where you can get a snapdragon s5 from ? no warranty in india for it.

:eek::eek::eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1402400011][/DOUBLEPOST]
The issue with Z2 is it heats up a little more than the others. Does not crash or anything, just that some case will be better than naked if ambient temperatures are 35 degrees and over. .
Since its Waterproof, just immerse in chilled water for a minute and take it back.........Thanda Thanda Cool Cool :D:p:cat:

Back