Budget Above 40k Should I switch from iPhone 13 to S23 or S24 ?

mayank4823

Disciple
Why I’m thinking of the switch
1. Samsung website is offering me 39k for my 2 year old iPhone 13 if I buy the S24. Claiming GST and applying some coupon will cost me 35k approx after the trade in.
2. Fedup of iOS and average night camera. I used to have a Pixel and that has spoiled me. I trek and travel quite often and star gazing is below average on iPhone 13.
3. I paid around 45-50k for iPhone 13 2 years back because I claimed GST and used bank offers and what not. So getting 39k for it too tempting.

What i’m worried about
1. Battery. iPhone is great when it comes to battery optimisation.
2. Exynos on S24. I’ve heard S23 is a better choice.
3. I really need that lock folder option which is there in iOS. Have some very sensitive pics related to business and some private pics as well. *wink wink*.

Considering everything above, is the switch from iPhone 13 to S23 an upgrade ?

@CrimeMouse It's simple. If you see yourself getting into the apple ecosystem, you may want to stick to it, or upgrade to a different iPhone. If your answer is no, just change it. But, iPhones do come with a file manager where you can manage your docs & stuff in specific folders stored locally on your phone or on iCloud).

I am in the same position as well with the SE 2020, it's not the 720p screen or the 4 hour battery life that bothers me. It's the software, the absolutely terrible, albeit pretty looking software. The lack of real file management is a pain.
I am personally waiting for the S25 as I feel we are quite close to the end of this cycle. The S24 coming with Exynos sure did not help.
S23 is a good phone but I dont like the Samsung UI. I don't care about iOS or Android since my prime usage is Mail, Whatsapp and Calling. I miss pixels which had decent batteries. Maybe a big price drop in next 6 months make me go for Pixel 9. I chose to stick with my iPhone 13 for now.

Download the "files" app by apple from the app store, if it's not already there for some reason. It is a real file manager not something dumbed down by apple.

And all apps have default integration with this file manager.
does it have the usual android stuff? like FTP, Gdrive/Dropbox integrations etc etc? if so, my relative can use that app for transfers

does it have the usual android stuff? like FTP, Gdrive/Dropbox integrations etc etc? if so, my relative can use that app for transfers
Supported indeed.
IMG_5486476E3690-1.jpeg

Back