Should I Upgrade or Get a New Rig All Together?

I guess your scenario is worse than the incidents in 2012 movie:bleh::bleh:

PCI-E 2.0 is twice the speed of 1.0 but am not sure what will be real big impact on gaming and other tasks and also whether it will work with todays cards, pcie 1.1 is the starting it guess..(long back came across an article in Tomshardware.com about this)....guess others could offer you a good suggesstion here...

Since you are going to anyway upgrade your whole rig, why not try the new GPU in this rig and play with less performance..but again this time my answer would really suit you ..wait for jan2011 so that you would have come to know which is best 6970 or 570..and also the rest of your rig..

thegame said:
PSU make please but again irrespective of the make 450W is not sufficient at all.. as min of 500W is required for 6850 itself..

AMD Radeon
A Corsair VX 450 can easily take up the load of a GTX 460 and the HD 5850 it is just that the upgradibility options start to disappear for the other components, so I think a VX 450 can easily handle the more power efficient HD 6850

Atleat put the right page you put the HD 6870's :rofl:

from the above discussion its clear that its not the time to buy rig as most of the users said.Just upgrade ur gpu and psu rest u could update later.For Gpu gtx460 or hd6870 would be fine and in crossfire or sli config these cards can play crysis merto2033 easily.For psu corsair tx650 would be enough.

pcie 1.0 vs pcie 2.0 not more than 5 % difference in performance.but on most of the gpu specs (compatible with pcie1.1) is mentioned so i am not sure whether these cards work or not on pcie 1.0.

ALPHA17 said:
A Corsair VX 450 can easily take up the load of a GTX 460 and the HD 5850 it is just that the upgradibility options start to disappear for the other components, so I think a VX 450 can easily handle the more power efficient HD 6850

Atleat put the right page you put the HD 6870's :rofl:

Actually i meant for 6850 itself 500W is min so it means 500w+ for 6870, and since the talk was about 6870, i had mentioned the 6870 link..:D

Back