Show Off | HTPC Setup | Need lighting recommendations.

linuxtechie said:
Hmmm, convince them : If you want me to be found at home, allow me, else I wont be. :D

Ah tried that on my peeps already :bleh: believe me they are an encyclopedia in emotional torture....

Anyway lets see if when I marry I can change it...

Folks,

Need recommendations. Can you suggest me lights to fit on the outside of the rectangular panel behind the LCD? Do I go with LED or CFL? Whats your suggestion?

~LT

forum67 said:
blue CFL in dark looks amazing... u can check out rig section...i saw it somewhere over there

Yup, I already have this in my mind. BTW do we have something that can keep changing color based on some kind of tigger?

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Yup, I already have this in my mind. BTW do we have something that can keep changing color based on some kind of tigger?

~LT

You could have a sound activated mdule to change the intensity according to volume. But that might be distracting. Maybe an electronic circuit can be rigged with output to two diff coloured ccfls depending on the volume. I'll ask a friend who's quite good with such stuff.

@LT: Drop in to my place. What i've done is made a rectangular PoP design of sorts. Which looks like hanging in the air. and installed two tubes on each side upside down. Will post pics today evening. This provides enough dim light for the purpose intended.

ragzdiablo said:
awesome work man..!

Thanks man!

Naga said:
You could have a sound activated mdule to change the intensity according to volume. But that might be distracting. Maybe an electronic circuit can be rigged with output to two diff coloured ccfls depending on the volume. I'll ask a friend who's quite good with such stuff.
Hmmm, yeah, I know, but am willing to experiment lets see. I believe its not too much expensive. Please do let me know from your friend.
BIKeINSTEIN said:
Watch out!! :O

That portion of the wallpaper/wall art behind the TV is falling. :bleh:
Mojaa aa gaya!! :hap2:

Yeah, I got that verified again and again. So am sure it wont. :bleh:

sarang said:
@LT: Drop in to my place. What i've done is made a rectangular PoP design of sorts. Which looks like hanging in the air. and installed two tubes on each side upside down. Will post pics today evening. This provides enough dim light for the purpose intended.

Please do post, will give me an idea.

Thanks
~LT

Back