Sify .... Capping Download Speeds

Why the hell are you on a 64kbps package anyway? It's almost been killed bythe Sify people now. Which city are you living in? Go to www.sifybroadband.com and check out the packages in your city. I am using a Sify connection, 96kbps. I get 12 kilo bytes per second without a glitch throughout the day. The only thing is that between 8 AM and 10 PM, I can download only 150MB. But from 10 PM to 8 AM, it's unlimited usage. 150 MB during the day is fine for me since I switch my PC on at 4 PM everyday after getting back from school.

4 PM - 10 PM for six hours I can download 150 MB which is no problem. And then from 10 PM onwards it is cool.

:p

I think its unfair you expect companies to provide you with unlimited downloads at high speeds and you pay like ...what? 1,000 a month? thats the whole problem today even in the US slowly companies while maybe not capping speeds are capping capacities after which you pay extra,this makes sure the customer stays within bounds rather than abusing the internet

On the other hand I think[ and its just I think...so someone scorrect me if I'm wrong] its about 8 kb to 1 KB the word is the same they just are different amounts of data and when you pay for a 64 kbps [NOT KBps] connection you should be theoretically getting 8 KB/sec max anything more and consider yourself lucky and of course theres data loss over the internet as someone has already mentioned

For example if you have a 2mbps [NOT MB/ps] connection you should theoretically get about 250 KB/sec

Hope I gave the right info...someone confirm this....and yeah...if you want better speeds...pay for em...lol

hey! any sify users using DC++ we can create a hub and have download speeds upto 500Kbps....if u know any hub in andheri/jogeshwari area plz post it.

with dc++ it dosent matter wat sify connections u have we can enjoy good download speeds.

i am using sify 64kbps and i am getting downloading speeds of 10-12 kBps

[quote name='freekill']Sify now caps my download speeds......if they were doing this they shud have told this

GUYS YOU WONT BELIEVE IT, BUT ITS 100% TRUE. I USE SIFY NIGHT UNLIMITED 128kbps CONNECTION AND EVERYDAY AFTER 2AM I USUALLY GOT SPEED UPTO, 150kBPS = 1.2 mbps. ITS TRUE
I'VE DOWNLOAD A 150 MB FILE IN JUST 12 MINS.
BUT WHEN I USED A REGISTERY MECHANIC TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE, DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT , MY SPEED STRUCKS TO 128 ONLY.
SOME HACK WITH THE REGISTERY, I'M SERACHIN FOR IT.

Back