Video Single STB with two TV

narkmrsou

Disciple
Guys this is regarding One STB to connect with two TV
1) If i connect two TV with one STB, is that possible to change the channel from secondary TV???????????? (but primay TV in another room has the existing Set Top Box connection).

The remote is for the STB, not the TV. So if you change the channel on the STB, the channel will be changed for all the TVs the STB is connected to

@ Agantuk

That is fine dude. But what am asking is, whether i can use the STB remote on the secondary TV(my STB is in different room connected to primary TV). some might feel wierd, but anyhow am posting my thoguhts here. usually i would use the STB remote directly to my TV sensor and it works fine. hence, i had a doubt like when am usin such a set up(one STB 2 TV), will the same work from second TV.

My plan is:
we want to watch the TV in my second room sometimes in a day. so it will be difficult to change the channels sitting in the secondary TV room if i have the STB in another room. Basically am asking for ON/OFF viewing of the TV's. I dont want to watch parallelly. Hope U guys get my point.... Pls help

narkmrsou said:
@ Agantuk

That is fine dude. But what am asking is, whether i can use the STB remote on the secondary TV(my STB is in different room connected to primary TV). some might feel wierd, but anyhow am posting my thoguhts here. usually i would use the STB remote directly to my TV sensor and it works fine. hence, i had a doubt like when am usin such a set up(one STB 2 TV), will the same work from second TV.

My plan is:

we want to watch the TV in my second room sometimes in a day. so it will be difficult to change the channels sitting in the secondary TV room if i have the STB in another room. Basically am asking for ON/OFF viewing of the TV's. I dont want to watch parallelly. Hope U guys get my point.... Pls help

answer is simple- no

Yes you can :) .

Buy an universal remote like this and your problem will e solved:

PROTOUCH 4 in One Universal Remote UR-401 | eBay

OR

Logitech Remote Harmony 300 All In One Universal +BILL | eBay

narkmrsou said:
@ Agantuk

My plan is:

Universal remote will not work either , channels are changed on the stb not the TV , if the STB is in another room you can't change channels whether you use universal or any other remote , you will have to go to the room where the STB is to change the channel.

Thanks for all your comments guys!
From the above comments i could learn that i cant use the STB remote to second TV when STB is connected to primary TV in different room....
Now pls clarify whether there is anything like RCA output to be carried on RF cable and again it once again converted to RCA input to connect the second TV

My Plan is:
I am having a Old TV which only has RF in to accept signal from set top box. Now my option is to connect the second TV in different room which supports RCA(yellow,white,red) input through set top box. I heard that i wont be getting RCA wires with huge length(approx >=10metres). so is there any option of a converter like a stuff in between so that RCA output from set top box will travel through RF cable and again it is getting converted to RCA input to connect to the second TV. If it is available, pls let me know the approx cost. Thanks in advance guys!!!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys any idea?????????

I heard that i wont be getting RCA wires with huge length(approx >=10metres).

You can easily get 10 meter rca cable , i got it for around Rs 125 from nehru place few years back , it is also available on ebay 10M CCTV Camera RCA Power Supply Extension Cable | eBay , if this is not long enough you can extend the cable using this connector 3 RCA Female to 3 RCA Female Adapter,expand av cable | eBay

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

15 mtr 15 M CCTV Camera RCA Power Supply Extension Cable | eBay

20 mtr 20 M CCTV Camera RCA Power Supply Extension Cable | eBay

^ this is expensive use a discount code if you have or if you can get it from a market like nehru place you can get this cable at half the ebay price.

@OP

Is your Set top box under warranty?

If not you can try a DIY. Take help of local TV repair guy to open up the set top box. Ask him to hook up a IR sensor equivalent to the one installed in your set top box in parallel to the existing one in the set top box with good quality stereo co-axial cable of desired length. Place the second sensor in the second room somewhat shielded from the direct light and try. It may work.

DISCLAIMER: I haven;t tried this, so I'm not sure if it works. It's just an idea.

Back