Sitecom Wifi router not connecting internet..

Singer

Recruit
Apr 24, 2012
Hello friends..

i recently brought a sitecom wireless router(150N) and i have a Asianet Broadband internet connection.. I connected my modem into the router using RJ45 cable and i can detect the wifi. but i can't connect to the internet.. the error from google chrome says that there is some problem with my proxy setting and when i checked my connection status the DNS is not resolved.. is there something i missed??

f1387796.jpg

P.s: i am using MacBook Pro running OSX Lion 10.7.3

Thanks in Advance
<

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
1. Make sure you have connected the modem to the WAN port.

2. Login to the router's configuration page and see the status. Check whether it has obtained an IP address. Mostly it wouldn't have, as Asianet binds it to the ethernet card's MAC id. Just call their customer care and tell them you installed a new router and they will reset it from their end.

3. Also make sure you haven't set a custom DNS server, you need to use their DNS server as their internet login page doesn't resolve with other DNS servers.

rosemolr

Disciple
Nov 14, 2011
Cochin
@singer...+1 with varkey's reply...That is exactly what you have to do,After the reset you router will be able to obtain IP.

If this method is not working out then there is another option for cloning mac address..But probably a simple reset will do in your case.

Singer

Recruit
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for the help guys... ya did contact the asianet and they resetted me the DNS... and now its working...

Once again Thanks a Lot......