Audio Skull Candy Ink'd 2 - should I go for these ?

I listen to a mix of rock, pop, bollywood, lotsa of Intrumental ( Hans ZImmer fan).
Flipkart / ebay .. any other e-shop you would like to suggest ?

I listen to a mix of rock, pop, bollywood, lotsa of Intrumental ( Hans ZImmer fan).
Flipkart / ebay .. any other e-shop you would like to suggest ?

Well MP4Nation is running a promotional for its BRAINWAVZ R1 IEM's. ~1900/- shipped till tomorrow.
Search results for: 'R1'

V.SONIC's are also available @MP4Nation -- Vsonic - Brands - Headphones & Amps

Fellow members have bought it and are all praises for the same. Have a look at it.

For V.SONIC's are available on eBay but I am not a regular there so cannot comment on the reliability OR veracity of the traders there. Plus no warranty on them either, while Hi-Finage provides 1 year Limited and same with the MP4Nation offer.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Well MP4Nation is running a promotional for its BRAINWAVZ R1 IEM's. ~1900/- shipped till tomorrow.
Search results for: 'R1'

V.SONIC's are also available @MP4Nation -- Vsonic - Brands - Headphones & Amps

Fellow members have bought it and are all praises for the same. Have a look at it.

For V.SONIC's are available on eBay but I am not a regular there so cannot comment on the reliability OR veracity of the traders there. Plus no warranty on them either, while Hi-Finage provides 1 year Limited and same with the MP4Nation offer.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!
Thank you very much dude, your suggestions have been extremely insightful.
Quick question - which one would your chose if you are to buy an IEM today, VSONIC or R1 ?

And how does the Skull Candy IK'd 2 stack up against these ?

- - - Updated - - -

Impatience !!!!!!!

Purchased the R1's for $32.7 ( after using a discount coupon).
:)

Thank you very much dude, your suggestions have been extremely insightful.
Quick question - which one would your chose if you are to buy an IEM today, VSONIC or R1 ?

And how does the Skull Candy IK'd 2 stack up against these ?

I have not used the SkullCandy IEM's OR the BRAINWAVZ R1 but do own the V.SONIC GR02 Bass edition and a BRAINWAVZ M1. Out of your pool of experience I have dealt with the SoundMAGIC PL-21.

The GR 02 is more melodious in my opinion to both the M1 and the PL-21. In essence it tries to merge the PL-21's punchy bass without loosing out on the high's and the mid's OR getting too dark. Detailing of sounds is not like the M1 but the the same does not have a bass level that can even come close to either the PL-21 OR GR 02.

You can refer to Joker's charts to know more about the standing of the IEM's in a grander system -- Multi-IEM Review - 269 IEMs compared (RHA MA-350 Added 01/22/13).

Also, tagging members who have owned and experienced the R1 to provide as accurate standing of those as well. @Nalin.

Thank you for the kind words. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
R1 is definitely one of the best IEM in the $50 category, not only it has details but also comes with lots of accessories which i think no one can give at those prices.
Regarding sound it has a V shaped signature which i mentioned in the review and bass is deep that means it does not mix with mids and keep the sound clean instead of being boomy.
It doesn't have a thump or rumble though, just tight and clean bass.
Highs is in class of it's own combined with a good soundstage and separation.

Thanks for the tag ALPHA17.

Back