Slimmer Replacement to Wallets?

What about the Ridge wallet?
I believe they aren't available in India, but Amazon and Flipkart are full of knockoffs.

a14b8e50-3035-4552-90af-e119f2efbe1c.png

my only issue with upi is that if there is some bank server downtime it is rendered useless for that time.
Also last weekend we were travelling we found a restaurant and a petrol pump ( both were in remote places) which would neither accept upi or card.

I'm tired of carrying of a real physical wallet with me all the time. It gets bulky with documents, cards and some cash/coins. It's literally pain on the ass. In the long run, it deforms the denim.

So my question is, do you guys know any alternative to these wallets?
No, but I keep my wallet in front pocket for 12-15 years now. Never used rear pocket for that.

Also, I empty wallet and reorganize it from time to time.

i meant of the police personnel is not issuing the challan, then? bribe money they won't take through GPay
No here in Telangana as soon as a e challan is issued they give us the receipt which we need to go to the nearest eseva and pay for the chalan I mean the fine and clear it by using our phone number.
No handling money manually here. That's what I saw last time I was fined for not wearing a helmet.

So looks like solution is = go with slimmer wallets + not carrying all the 7-8 plastic cards + Use digilocker for the documents.
Thanks for all the slim wallet suggestion. Some sort of wallet is a must. Because, when I carried just a debit card, it somehow folded itself right on the chip (card is working fine though).

I have a question, if you keep all the documents in the digilock then how do cops blackmail you? Currently, they keep licence and you have to pay them to get your licence back. What happens when you don't have the physical licence?

No, but I keep my wallet in front pocket for 12-15 years now. Never used rear pocket for that.
I have never used rear pocket either. But, keeping it in the front ruins the denim and keeping it in back pocket ruins the spine. My thighs are begging for freedom.

I always hope that I might one day have that much wad in my wallet.
Have you tried a Govt job?

Was on the same boat a couple of months back and my wallet thickness resembled the pic posted by OP, sans the cash.
Used to have multiple credit cards, identification cards, multiple RC cards and hefty coin pocket.

Moved to UPI payments primarily and linked all credit/debit cards to Samsung pay.
I primarily use contactless payments from phone and kept just one or two physical cards as back up.

Moved to digital copies of identification cards thanks to M-wallet and Digilocker.

I'm still using the same old wallet, but it's much slimmer thanks to the above.

P.S:
Still couldn't understand why Samsung didn't offer Samsung Pay for Galaxy watch in India.
It was a boon while traveling on London's TFL network, where you can simply tap your watch and make a quick move.
Changing the CSC will be a messy route, wish Samsung gets it here officially.

I have never used rear pocket either. But, keeping it in the front ruins the denim
Don't think of it as denim getting ruined. Think of it as adapting to your body and lifestyle :cool:

I keep my phone in front pocket too and some jeans are starting to show rectangular fade there but I'm not concerned about that worn-in look.

View attachment 129348

I'm tired of carrying of a real physical wallet with me all the time. It gets bulky with documents, cards and some cash/coins. It's literally pain on the ass. In the long run, it deforms the denim.

So for experiment, I have been going out without my wallet. Sometimes I carry just one debit card but I have been paying everywhere with Gpay/phonepay and praying that traffic police won't stop me. This practice isn't sustainable and it makes everything very unorganised.

So my question is, do you guys know any alternative to these wallets?
I believe digital payment and a few cash are good to go. I also have started keeping less cash with me as I've activated my digital payment accounts on Gpay, Phonepay, and it is easy as there is a QR code scan option, I honestly love that.

After using it for few months, I must say, I love using this wallet. I'm keeping 2 plastic cards, 2-3 notes and 2 id cards and I don't even feel it.
That is my problem with such an arrangement. Though if you wear denim i suppose its secure. If the pockets are vertical instead of sideways for easier access.

I could never get used to denim in this country unless they're bermudas

That is my problem with such an arrangement. Though if you wear denim i suppose its secure. If the pockets are vertical instead of sideways for easier access.
Right. It won't be safe with non-denim trousers as you can't feel the wallet.

I had a Husk N Hoof minimalist wallet since I dont keep much cash but cards

8182dFAqhcL._SL1500_.jpg

Was a good companion but was aging, so bought a similar one from miniso (Bad decision) as the quality is not that great but its still running, will look to re-purchase the husk n hoof one.

I had a Husk N Hoof minimalist wallet since I dont keep much cash but cards

8182dFAqhcL._SL1500_.jpg

Was a good companion but was aging, so bought a similar one from miniso (Bad decision) as the quality is not that great but its still running, will look to re-purchase the husk n hoof one.
Please post the link from where did you purchase this as it looks so cool. I like such different colors.
But I bought a long belt from flipkart when I was very large but it did not fare well.
So needs opinions of others before I purchase so I read a lot of reviews either in flipkart or Amazon before buying.

Please post the link from where did you purchase this as it looks so cool. I like such different colors.
But I bought a long belt from flipkart when I was very large but it did not fare well.
So needs opinions of others before I purchase so I read a lot of reviews either in flipkart or Amazon before buying.
I dont like patterned wallets, need something plain & simple. Its hard to find in offline market.

Back