Slow day at work?

red-devil

Disciple
As the title says, what do you do on a slow day at work?

Browse? Read books? Let the suggestions flow ..no NSFW stuff, please :D

TE, Engadget, TDF, IBF, iDownloadblog, SavemoneyIndia :p

Personal emails, blogs etc blocked in office so that is out of question. FB i don't have account.

most of the sites in these posts are blocked at office - retards have even blocked a lot of forums...

Thankfully TE and Redcafe haven't been blocked (yet!) - but there's only so much you can do on 2 forums :(

Worst part for me is blogspot and wordpress is blocked which are sometimes very important for me since there are many technical blogs which have lot of information or answer to our issues about the work application I am using.

^ That's my problem as well... I get so pi$$ed off when there's a search result with pretty much what you are looking for and you click on the link and it goes "you've attempted to access site :xyz.com which is not permitted <blah> <blah>...your IP has been recorded <blah> <blah>" :facepalm:

While there is not much of an issue of internet access for me, I normally like to spend my time reading. I email some books from my personal id. Open it in office. Alternatively carry my Nexus 7 to office when I know there is not going to be much work. Then there are days I don't really care about work, so I take long bathroom trips :p .the western style...close the cover, sit on it, either use the phone directly or use to establish a hotspot and use the tablet :D

I never had a slow day at work :S

If I get bored, then I just swtich to YouTube for couple of minutes.

^ That's my problem as well... I get so pi$$ed off when there's a search result with pretty much what you are looking for and you click on the link and it goes "you've attempted to access site :xyz.com which is not permitted <blah> <blah>...your IP has been recorded <blah> <blah>" :facepalm:

hell yeah - super irritating. Told to either give me full access or give me a data card. Got full access :p

The only category blocked for me at office is "Sports". I'm a huge football and tennis fan. FML.

But I abuse YouTube by watching all those old games which my dad talked about :D

Am' a victim of websense too :mad:. Thankfully most forums are still not blocked yet, probably because if they did, most of the work won't be done :p
Other than that the Smartphone comes to the rescue. Have started to replace Facebook with Flipboard, its an amazing app.

Worst part for me is blogspot and wordpress is blocked which are sometimes very important for me since there are many technical blogs which have lot of information or answer to our issues about the work application I am using.
In such situations you can use the Hola Unblocker extension for Chrome. It's a very reliable free US and UK proxy.

Back