Storage Solutions Slow response of pc? is it my hdds fault?

Guys it has been 3 days now and I dont know why my pc has become too much slow..u can see my rig from my signature..while surfing net,if I open another tAb in Mozilla or chrome it hangs temporarily or if I am chatting,the texts appears late ... All the temps have been cleared and tempreature of peripherals are Also ok..also when I am playing any song or video it's also temporarily hanging in btween...what shud I do? Is my hdd faulty??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry mods if I have made this thread in some wrong section but Have made this thread keepin in mind that the problem is related with my hard disk

@Op

Check your rams using memtest. I think its the ram fault. Also, please check it. When you terminate an application (say VLC, Mozilla, etc), does the process really gets killed? You can check it in task manager -> processes tab. I think the process is not getting terminated when you close any application tab. Thats why those background processes are eating up memory and your pc is hanging. Please check it and report back.

What last program/utility you had download & install OR made any changes with any program the day before your pc gets slow?

simforgotten said:
@Op

Check your rams using memtest. I think its the ram fault. Also, please check it. When you terminate an application (say VLC, Mozilla, etc), does the process really gets killed? You can check it in task manager -> processes tab. I think the process is not getting terminated when you close any application tab. Thats why those background processes are eating up memory and your pc is hanging. Please check it and report back.
The Process is getting killed with about 800mb ram left......i checked it and its fine....

I will try that RAM thing and tell you.....

did you install any software? like an antivirus or something? the new ones try to "protect" your surfing and monitor every tab/page you open. and slows everything down.

Try using ccleaner to clear the temp files and all the registries.Then make sure that you have the updated mozzilla or maxthon or whatever internet application you have for browsing.Then if still the problem does not stop.Then check what sort of media player are you using.If it is winamp, usually the skins and plugins slows down the system speed.

So try another media player and see, such as itunes.Still the problem lasts then you should see how much space is available in your harddisk.If it is less than 1 GB, try clearing it.And then see whether it works.I hope the problem will be solved by this.

1. Remove ram chip. Clean the contacts, place the ram in different dim slots than earlier.switch on. check (in such cases, mostly, RAM is the problem area.borrow ram from a friend of yours just to check)
2. Uninstall antivirus(if any). restart .check (very likely if norton, kaspersky ,nod32, bit defender are doing their work.)
3. ATI 4870??? right?? Upgrade ATI drivers by uninstalling the old drivers (catalyst manager) and then install new one.
4. Power supply specs?? Considering that you have 965be and 4870, you should be having minimum a quality 450w power supply. Some power supplies tend to age with time and use, like capacitors start loosing their efficiency. Check.
5. reinstall motherboard drivers.
6. Run HDD tune test.. Post the graph. read write error rate.
7. Atlast if you dont succeed, install another os (like if you have win7 then install xp in dual boot config and vice versa), check if the prob persists. If doesnt, problem definitely lies in your hardware.

I cleaned my PC everything, Defrag my current HDD and , now yesterday i tried another thing. The videos as well as songs were also hanging for a while in between so, i tried to play the videos and songs from my portable HDD directly. And this time, they were running smooth. So, i dont think my OS is corrupt. So, the last thing seems to be the culprit is my Hard disk...Give your opinions regarding this.

One last thing i am gonna try this weekend is that i will dual boot my PC with windows 7 and see if the problem persists in another windows which will give me surity if my OS is corrupt or not.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also tell me any software which can check if there is any fault in my HDD.....

Back