Slow Wi-fi speed on iPhone

I connect my iphone through my netgear wifi router to surf the net but I get very slow speed on the phone.I get only 246kbps while my net speed is 2mbps.What shd I do to get the correct speed in my iphone.I am getting 2mbps speed on my pc.

have u config ur router before??? bcoz m havin neatgear router m gettin the same speed while surfing as of pc but sumtimes it slow a bit.. as iphone is jst a mobile

try changing the channel in the config page of your wifi router....there might be some interference in the current chnnel...

when you tested, were you very near to the router...were you getting best possible signal ?

@Gurpartap Singh dude I am getting 246kbps not 246KBps on my iphone.

@ajinkya_adhav what config shd I do dude???

@stellarhopper yup I was near to the router and was getting full wifi signals.

H@cKer said:
@Gurpartap Singh dude I am getting 246kbps not 246KBps on my iphone.

@ajinkya_adhav what config shd I do dude???

@stellarhopper yup I was near to the router and was getting full wifi signals.

sorry about that :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

@hacker: what program is displaying 246 "kbps" maybe its just a typo in one of the free tester apps and it really is kBps? try another app?

note that you should try multiple tester apps, since some apps get slow results from their servers.

I am using iphonenetworktest.com for testing and its in kbps only

even the youtube video takes alot of time to load which shd not be the case with a 2mbps connection.

ok then try the "change channel" suggestion above... go to your wifi router's config webpages and select a different channel (ghz number) and reboot it...

Update

I tried all the available channels and tried b mode g mode and combined mode still I am getting 233kbps only.Any other iphone user faced such problems

I always get almost half my connection speed through WiFi on my iPod Touch, tried a friend's iPod too and had similar results.

the tester apps showed me upto 4 mbps in a manchester UK hotel's wifi on my ipod touch 2g so its not a hardware/software limitation :D

try another bandwidth tester, download a couple of the free ones from the app store, dont rely on just one site and youtube

Also, just for testing purpose, try disabling firewall settings on your router and see if that makes a difference.

Back