Android Small / Mini Tablets?

KAKAN

Disciple
What are the options if we want a small tablet, somewhat in the iPad Mini range?
Closest one with good specs is Lenovo Legion Y700, but not sure if it ships to India.

Another option I'm seeing right now is Redmi Pad SE, but its quite big at 11 inches. Redmi Pad Mini is also small, but the hardware sucks.

What other options do we have?

Updated: 25-04-2024

Other tablets as said by TA members (listed chronologically):

Last edited:
What are the options if we want a small tablet, somewhat in the iPad Mini range?
Closest one with good specs is Lenovo Legion Y700, but not sure if it ships to India.

Another option I'm seeing right now is Redmi Pad SE, but its quite big at 11 inches. Redmi Pad Mini is also small, but the hardware sucks.

What other options do we have?
There is one from Samsung right? 8.7 inch screen. I absolutely love the iPad mini form factor and own iPad mini 6.
I was trying to find android one too but at that time couldn't find anything that fit my requirements and moreover since I already am into apple ecosystem, i chose iPad mini.

For android please I request don't buy anything randomly. Check if Widevine L1 L3 is supported. Many tablets don't so streaming in official apps will be bad and restricted at HD or less resolution.

I locally run Jellyfin, so Widevine is not really an issue. I just want a bigger screen that I can still carry around for quick Google Docs/Sheets or notes.

As for Samsung, if it's from the A-series, the specs are kinda… bad. 3/4 GB RAM like they give in older A series is not enough at all, coupled with mid-range, old Exynos processors, and they're almost unusable OOTB.

It's cool that they provide such an option, but it's severely lacking. Looks like only the iPad Mini is a good solution, but I want to stick to Android if possible.
Man, wouldn't it be great if the Legion Y700 were sold here...

I locally run Jellyfin, so Widevine is not really an issue. I just want a bigger screen that I can still carry around for quick Google Docs/Sheets or notes.

As for Samsung, if it's from the A-series, the specs are kinda… bad. 3/4 GB RAM like they give in older A series is not enough at all, coupled with mid-range, old Exynos processors, and they're almost unusable OOTB.

It's cool that they provide such an option, but it's severely lacking. Looks like only the iPad Mini is a good solution, but I want to stick to Android if possible.
Man, wouldn't it be great if the Legion Y700 were sold here...

I too use local jellyfin server so it doesn't matter to me but it is good to have L1 support. Btw i dont use jellyfin On browser / app and directly use 3rd party player like nplayer to watch my content on iPad mini.

I don't know if any other premium small android tablet.

I absolutely love the Tab Active 5 without the case, but it is no match to the Mini6. If Samsung released an 8inch tablet in the tab S series, with a earpiece speaker like on the Tab Active 5, (keeping the S-pen) I will absolutely be the first to buy it.

That said, Tab Active 5 is decently priced, and works well. Though, after having used the S series for so long, I find it lacking.

Do not Buy lenovo Tabs at all!

Do not Buy lenovo Tabs at all!
What's wrong with that?
I think Legion tablets are a bit more cared of than P-series?

That said, I'm definitely not leaning towards Lenovo. My pick would be Samsung or Xiaomi, but none of them have good small tablets. Lenovo's offering is at least looking really good, spec-wise :p

Are there any other tablet maker that I should keep note of? Perhaps some obscure Japanese companies that still makes touch tablets? :D

I do not know about Legion tablets, but the regular ones have super bad software. Not well optimised. There are no updates. And they come out of the box with outdated OSes anyway. Especially after using Samsung, and Apple, and to an extent even Xiaomi, Lenovo looks and feels very dated. And then, if you also use the pen, FFS you will want to throw things at people. Especially after coming from Sammy.

Please note, that I am not a big fan of vanilla Android, and lenovo usually serves to make it worse than it is. After four attempts at giving my parents Lenovo Tablets, I have given up, and decided that peace of mind coming from giving them Sammy or Xiaomi cannot be measured by money!

Back