Graphic Cards Small Problem

snuggyboy

Disciple
I recently upgraded my computer, with a P4D and a 7900GT. The problem is that WinDVD refuses to show any color on any DVD that is being played!!!
Now, is that a driver problem? Or what is it?? Everything else works absolutely fine. Only no color on DVD ploayback!!
Can someone help me with this??

Must be something wrong with the codec, try playing it with VLC media player , else there is also a vintage mode in WinDVD iirc , which makes the movies appear in black and white, make sure you havn't enabled it :)

Whats the pont of having a 7900GT if you have to disable hardware acceleration?!?!

I'd suggest you upgrade to 93.71 and a *legit* copy of purevideo decoder and make optimal use of your GPU.

Google said:
Whats the pont of having a 7900GT if you have to disable hardware acceleration?!?!

I'd suggest you upgrade to 93.71 and a *legit* copy of purevideo decoder and make optimal use of your GPU. You Can PM me if you don't want to buy a Legit copy ;)

U will surely get in trouble if u continue this :bleh:

@mohit

I meant he could PM me and rant about it... :evil2: i am very against piracy if that's what you thought :tongue:

Edit : please delete .

dear snuggyboy,

you have to configure windvd properly, to use hardware acceleration. you may switch that off then it will work just fine, your pc is fast enough not to need hardware acceleration. other wise just use power dvd. I use that and it works fine with hw accel. hope theres no problem with your graphics card.

well, i do have the latest drivers. And there is no colour with both Hardware acceleration on and off.

Pastrykunal..... if you do have copy of powerDVD which came with the card can i have it??? The card does not seem to have any problem with anything else, so i guess the card is fine!!

Back