PC Peripherals Smallest possible m-atx case?

snake eyes

Disciple
hey would you be kind enough to inform me which case you moved to ? im looking for the smallest possible m-atx case on the market, any help would be wonderful.
thanks

sure, moved to a Zebronics woodan, which is a copy of the chinese SAMA 01 which is a MATX copy of the NR200

20220814_112517.jpg

For matx size this is the best size.
It's nearly same size as a Nr200p just 1 cm diff in all three sides. But this fits a full MATX and a ATX PSU.
And is barely for 5.3k

For the price performance and compactness nothing beats this case

Also i would recommend a SFX PSU as it makes a huge diff in the power cabling space on the right side especially if you have a large GPU, and also allows a second exhaust fan on top.
The money saved by not buying itx board can go towards SFX PSU
How do you plan to attach the glass panel to the case?
Plan was to use the case in an HTPC orientation originally, so because the glass is cut perfectly to size it sits between the three raise lips of the case sides. Pretty much just as the pic is above. It's gone for toughening and border painting for now.

If i change my mind then am in trouble as can't make holes to screw now that it's gone for toughening

you can fit certain matx boards in nr200p there is a compatibility list somewhere on reddit. Other than that silverstone makes atleast used to make some matx htpc cases, difficult to find in india though, the corsair air 240(long out of production) was one of the smallest matx cases see if you can find stock somewhere,even i have been trying to find stock. Both the white and black of this look great, Thermaltake v21(no more produced) is another great option with lot of modularity and good airflow.

Yes and no. Technically it can fit itx and another size called MiniDTX that is 226 by 244 mm while a regular Matx is 244 by 244
So that again becomes a pain to find the mdtx size.
Having a matx option increases your choices wildly. And the Zeb option is barely 1cm bigger then the Nr200 so makes more sense just for the increased MB options and price saving.

Yes and no. Technically it can fit itx and another size called MiniDTX that is 226 by 244 mm while a regular Matx is 244 by 244
So that again becomes a pain to find the mdtx size.
Having a matx option increases your choices wildly. And the Zeb option is barely 1cm bigger then the Nr200 so makes more sense just for the increased MB options and price saving.
i agree zeb woodan is a good option for matx over nr200p. Corsair needs to start producing air 240 again, that compact form factor was great.

i agree zeb woodan is a good option for matx over nr200p. Corsair needs to start producing air 240 again, that compact form factor was great.
Yup, tho it's strange that the Cooler master marketing team has not figured out a NR200P MATX version considering the minimum changes in size required for tooling a slightly larger same design case. It should be a no brainer and would surely outsell the current itx version by leaps n bounds

Yup, tho it's strange that the Cooler master marketing team has not figured out a NR200P MATX version considering the minimum changes in size required for tooling a slightly larger same design case. It should be a no brainer and would surely outsell the current itx version by leaps n bounds
I think the cooler master team goes on a regular hitus, remember when they came out with the excellent HAF series long long ago then went on a hitus only to come back years later when corsair and nzxt took over them, currently they seem to not care and will only return when someone again leapfrogs them.

What CPU Cooler are you using. I'm thinking of ordering Deepcool Gammaxx 400XT but the mentioned maximum CPU cooler height is 155mm and the Gammaxx 400XT is 157mm tall.

Is there any way you could measure how much space is left above your cooler (with mesh side panel) and add your CPU Cooler's advertised height to get actual maximum CPU Cooler height?

but also be advised there is no margin left between the 158mm cooler and the mesh panel, its touching it but not enough to push bend or prevent the mesh side panel from being closed normally

Back