PC Peripherals Smallest possible m-atx case?

ideally i should have got mounting holes made in the glass to line up with the present holes in the case sides.
for now i have two small black metal brackets holding the glass in place( not the best idea but will do for now)
If i had to do it again i would make the holes and use a simple nut bolt combo to hold it in place

(present holes in case marked below)

20220814_112517.jpg

(present metal bent brackets shown below, the metal brackets are left over parts from past cases PCIE Slot covers)

20220823_105445.jpg

but also be advised there is no margin left between the 158mm cooler and the mesh panel, its touching it but not enough to push bend or prevent the mesh side panel from being closed normally

The cooler I'm thinking of ordering has an advertised height of 157mm. Do you think having the mesh panel will give a little more space like 1mm or so? BTW Glass looks great in your build.

The cooler I'm thinking of ordering has an advertised height of 157mm. Do you think having the mesh panel will give a little more space like 1mm or so? BTW Glass looks great in your build.
Till 158mm is a snug fit with the mesh panel , without any issues or flex .

Anything less then 158 should also be ok is my guess.
Interestingly making a glass panel makes you loose a few mm of clearance from the cooler compared to the original mesh panel. As the glass is 4 mm thick and the mesh panel would be about 1 mm

If OP is still looking, Deepcool Matrexx 30 is a fairly small case. I wouldn't personally recommend it, but if you have to get a small case, this is a cheap option that is mostly decent.

405.8×193×378.2mm Deep cool materxx 30
390x 190 x 305mm Zeb Woodan
would still prefer the woodan for smaller size tho
Yeah, just giving options in case OP wants something cheaper or Woodan is not available. Matrexx 30 is definitely not that small and the biggest issue is the hard drive cage being fixed in the place where it is. Definitely not a great case, but if specifically looking for something small like I was, it's fairly decent.

Even with 1000 rupees off, it still can't fit an Matx case as the OP wants :)

Depends on the board really, it can still accomodate some matx boards like someone already mentioned, with some caveats.

Yes and no. Technically it can fit itx and another size called MiniDTX that is 226 by 244 mm while a regular Matx is 244 by 244
So that again becomes a pain to find the mdtx size.
Having a matx option increases your choices wildly. And the Zeb option is barely 1cm bigger then the Nr200 so makes more sense just for the increased MB options and price saving.
Yup as I agreed earlier it can fit mini dtx but not matx 244 x 244.

Specs page attached

@BluDev your zeb-woodan case looks sick man. kudos!
i have been saving up for this case (or GALAX Rev-03) for some time now but am not sure if my parts will fit. can you help?
Mobo- matx a320m
CPU Cooler- Deepcool Gammax 400
GPU- 1650 super dual fan
PSU- ATX 450W
2x 3.5" drives and a sata SSD.
i have doubts regarding those HDDs as i have ATX PSU and i think it won't be possible.

@BluDev your zeb-woodan case looks sick man. kudos!
i have been saving up for this case (or GALAX Rev-03) for some time now but am not sure if my parts will fit. can you help?
Mobo- matx a320m
CPU Cooler- Deepcool Gammax 400
GPU- 1650 super dual fan
PSU- ATX 450W
2x 3.5" drives and a sata SSD.
i have doubts regarding those HDDs as i have ATX PSU and i think it won't be possible.
thanks
the mobo gpu PSU and one sata ssd should be manageable
The 2 HDD on the other hand are gonna be a tight fit , you may pull of one at best case with some creative tinkering( but i doubt it, and it would just hinder precious airflow)

My suggestion would be to get 1 NVME drive as main boot plus OS drive, and consolidate the two HDD into ONE HDD of a larger size
I also have one HDD at the bottom right of my case also

if two hdd are a must for any specific requirement then you could also easily cut a small notch in the back panel and have the two sata cables and one power cable pulled out the back of the case and both the HDD left hidden behind the case outside (I have done similar stuff often with other builds)

thanks
The 2 HDD on the other hand are gonna be a tight fit , you may pull of one at best case with some creative tinkering( but i doubt it, and it would just hinder precious airflow)

My suggestion would be to get 1 NVME drive as main boot plus OS drive, and consolidate the two HDD into ONE HDD of a larger size

if two hdd are a must for any specific requirement then you could also easily cut a small notch in the back panel and have the two sata cables and one power cable pulled out the back of the case and both the HDD left hidden behind the case outside (I have done similar stuff often with other builds)
thank you and your reply has given me all the confidence I needed to go for this kind of build, which i guess isn't very far now. i will have this page bookmarked and reach out to you when am done or need some help regarding the case. thank you again

thanks

hey i bought Galax Rev03 instead of woodan and the case is great. although a tight fit but i was able to fit in most of my stuff. Matx mobo, atx psu, dual fan GPU and a 2.5" drive. but since am using tower cooler for cpu i was not able to install 3.5" drives. I guess it is the trade off for smaller size

@BluDev here you go. Case is very small compared to my last one but i imagined it would be even more smaller lol. i still find it relatively large on desk but it is fine, my last case used to always sit under the table.

coming to build, everything fits like a glove. managing PSU wires was such a pain in ass tbh. i haven't reopened it again to see what else i can re arrange though. if you have nay ideas or tips please let me know

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 103
@BluDev here you go. Case is very small compared to my last one but i imagined it would be even more smaller lol. i still find it relatively large on desk but it is fine, my last case used to always sit under the table.

coming to build, everything fits like a glove. managing PSU wires was such a pain in ass tbh. i haven't reopened it again to see what else i can re arrange though. if you have nay ideas or tips please let me know
A very clean setup. Great keep it up.

Nice. How are the temps for now.
I would suggest an intake fan at bottom atleast to start with.

Nice. How are the temps for now.
I would suggest an intake fan at bottom atleast to start with.
temps are fine as GPU stays around 68-71 and CPU around 66. i wanted to add a fan (and a HDD aswell) at the bottom but with the front usb 3.0 and audio connector it's not possible. i will either have to forgo front usb and audio or deal with higher temps

Adding a total of 3 fans drastically changed the temps in my case. I added one exhaust at the back, 2 intakes at top and bottom. Get a slim 15mm fan if you think mounting 25mm won't be possible.

Back