Smart Phone recommendations within Rs. 40000

Udit

Skilled
I currently own a iPhone 3G & I Love it but now I would like to upgrade it.

So now I want to buy a Smart Phone within Rs. 40000.

My Requirements :

• Controllable via Windows 7 (VNC Server Support)
  • Super Long Battery Life (Like 2-3 Days Standby)
  • Extremely Loud Speakerphone (Must cross the Isolation of my DT-150)
  • High Quality Microphone (Phone kept 2 feet away)
  • Speedy OS (Like on iPhone)
  • High Quality WiFi N
  • Must be Factory Unlocked
  • Must Look Killer
  • No Blackberry, Nokia or Sony Ericsson
My Choices :
  • iPhone 4
  • Samsung Nexus S
  • Samsung Omnia 7
Don't care about Apps, Audio/Video & Camera

Nexus S all the way imo. I have used a friends and am totally in love with it :p even though I have no use for it really no other smart phone made me want one. It works super smooth and looks slick, Im not sure what google has done to the phone but after having toyed with it and the HTC desire HD for a bit my preference is the Nexus S it seemed smoother and nicer to browse with on wifi. iphone 4 is nice but I liked Nexus S best both in looks department and usage.

Udit said:
but does Android meet my needs?
It should , its hugely customizable so theres a lot of applications out there that should get you what you need. Try surfing around XDA forums and check before deciding.
About the speaker ,call quality etc that depends on the manufacturer.My experience is only with the Galaxy S and theres no complaints so far. The microphone is pretty good and while driving I some times attend calls with the phone on my lap on speaker and able to carry on a conversation. Wifi I havent really used a lot but worked ok when ever i tried.
If you want something that just works straight out of the box go with Apple, if you are ok with something thats slightly qwirky but lets you tinker around and customize it as you want with tons of free apps get an android.
If you are on team bhp you can browser the android thread there since it has lots of user impressions about various different android phones in a single thread

bottle said:
It should , its hugely customizable so theres a lot of applications out there that should get you what you need. Try surfing around XDA forums and check before deciding.
About the speaker ,call quality etc that depends on the manufacturer.My experience is only with the Galaxy S and theres no complaints so far. The microphone is pretty good and while driving I some times attend calls with the phone on my lap on speaker and able to carry on a conversation. Wifi I havent really used a lot but worked ok when ever i tried.
If you want something that just works straight out of the box go with Apple, if you are ok with something thats slightly qwirky but lets you tinker around and customize it as you want with tons of free apps get an android.
If you are on team bhp you can browser the android thread there since it has lots of user impressions about various different android phones in a single thread
See I hate customizing anything from the bottom of my heart nowadays.

But I don't wanna buy iPhone 4 & see that the speakerphone is still Horribly low Volume.

Can't I just buy some speakers for the 3G?

laemo said:
Plenty of phones in that budget actually. And iPhone only supports VNC AFAIK after jailbreaking, no?

Going by your needs, Motorola Atrix is right up your alley with the BEST battery ever seen in a smartphone at 1930mAh:

Motorola ATRIX - Full phone specifications

Just check the specs, it's going to blow your socks off :D
Amazing but I'll leave Android to the geeks

my iPhone 4 will be here before my 25th Birthday on 13th February, 2011

:)

Yes, and the point you're making is...? I also have a BB, don't get me wrong, but I understand the strengths and weaknesses of all the platforms quite well. Going solely by your requirements, unless you plan to charge your phone while at work or something, don't think you'd get the desired battery life.

Anyway, iPhone 4 is a good phone, no doubt, and the signal attenuation problem doesn't exist in India, so it's all good. Only thing you'd have to take care of is the gorilla glass which does shatter when dropped. The retina display is gorgeous, so it's going to be pretty awesome watching movies (if you can somehow manage to install VLC, now that it's been removed from the app store)/photos on it.

Back