Smart plug (16A) recommendations?

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

I am looking for recommendation for a Smart plug to control an AC. My primary requirement is that it should be controllable from openhab or home assistant. I have Sonoff switches (flashed with tasmota) but wiress dangling out of them doesnt look nice.

Thanks

I was finally able to locate Tasmota compatible switches on Amazon India. The phlipton 16a switch is the one I tried and worked fine. They are all rebranded from the NX-SM223 switch sold on Alibaba.

The phlipton switch died on me after a week of working, guess it did not like the current drawn by the AC.

Last edited:
I currently use a Helia smart plug for my AC. It works well and can be controlled from the Helia app. It also can be controlled from Alexa though I haven't tried that.

Acasa 16 A , I have been using couple of them for a few months now and works well. Controllable by smart home app apart from Alexa and Google home. Also shows energy consumption and have timers setup.

Doesn't cutting off power supply harm the AC, without turning it off with the remote? As far as I understand compressor needs time to shut off properly.

I am looking at a smart plug or extn board to charge my gadgets. When going to bed, i want to put my mobiles (2 of them) and ipad to charge for 2 hours and then switch off instead of charging all night. Any suggestions ?

Back