Smart plug suggestion

Ssreek

Adept
Looking to buy couple of smart plugs to automate/schedule few equipment in home like geysers/water heater, etc. probably also for "wifi router".
There are so many plugs in amazon, but it's confusing to select which plug works consistent and some reviews even showed plugs getting burnt out.
  1. Should be able to handle 16 A load. Both the water heaters I have are rated at 2500w max.
  2. Need at least one plug that can show close to accurate power consumption readings.
  3. Should be able to work even without wifi or if internet goes down. Few minutes of delay in switching on/off is not a problem.
  4. Is there any other plug that can switch off router and switch on after few hours? This is not mandatory, but would like to know if there's something that can handle this type of req.
Only looking for those plug type models, not the switch breaker type.
Regarding energy monitoring, I know there exists Meco power meters that show very accurate readings, but they are only 10A rated and cost a lot more than these plugs.

using this from last umm, 4 years. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0866LFFVD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with my Geyser, never had an issue. Everything automated. Shows power consumption aswell in smartlife app, I'm attaching a SS of the consumption.

usually routers are smart themselves, even the most cheap one's, so if u wanna spend to make ur router smart, you will spend atleast 500 rs right? but even 1.5k router is itself smart...even if you want to turn on/off router to save power, that power units are so negligible that spending even 200 is wastage.

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-27_13-45-23.jpg
    photo_2023-09-27_13-45-23.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 52
usually routers are smart themselves, even the most cheap one's, so if u wanna spend to make ur router smart, you will spend atleast 500 rs right? but even 1.5k router is itself smart...even if you want to turn on/off router to save power, that power units are so negligible that spending even 200 is wastage.
Agree on the negligible part. Apart from this the router given by airtel heats up quite well, like 50C+ most of the time. I thought maybe switching it off when not needed might reduce wear and tear. I wish routers like these come with a feature to have auto switch on/off on a schedule.
Apart from this, whenever we are away from home and forget, this smart plug option would be nice to have to switch off router from outside as well.

Agree on the negligible part. Apart from this the router given by airtel heats up quite well, like 50C+ most of the time. I thought maybe switching it off when not needed might reduce wear and tear. I wish routers like these come with a feature to have auto switch on/off on a schedule.
Apart from this, whenever we are away from home and forget, this smart plug option would be nice to have to switch off router from outside as well.
i use wipro smart switches both 5a and 16a and been more than 2+ yrs...have used others also down the line like been 5+ yrs using.....these are mostly wifi enabled....maybe there are Bluetooth enabled ones also....but don't know if there are ones which have both Bluetooth and wifi.....these are pretty accurate with some errors obviously.....u can use a multimeter to check for error %age....
On router part...they themselves have the feature to switch themselves off and on at certain times....just check in systems settings ot admin settings

Back