Smartphone under 15k

laugh

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: less than 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Nothing in particular AKA I don't know.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not very picky here. Secondary camera is a must though

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android/Windows.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: mails,apps,video calls and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim is a bonus.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Huawei Honor U8860

Xperia U for 11.5k with dealer warranty from ebay. Apply hdfc/icici 7% coupon and get it for around 10,600. Also consider Sola for 1500 more if you want more storage.

How reliable is the dealer warranty?
I was reading comparisons and it looks like Xperia U's processor is better than Huawei Honor U8860.

I cannot find any reviews of lenovop7000i? your comments please

Get the SONY XPERIA U only if you can live with its limited storage capacity (~6GB and non-expandable). In the open market (with official warranty) it retails close to ~14500/- mark.

If you can hold off the purchase for a bit, the new Windows RT lineup (Nokia Lumia 620, HTC 8S) might fulfil your needs.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Get the SONY XPERIA U only if you can live with its limited storage capacity (~6GB and non-expandable). In the open market (with official warranty) it retails close to ~14500/- mark.

If you can hold off the purchase for a bit, the new Windows RT lineup (Nokia Lumia 620, HTC 8S) might fulfil your needs.

My phone is in real bad state and I doubt I will be able to wait for more than 15 days, would like to get it as soon as possible. When do you think Lumia 620 will be released?

I saw the problem with xperia U and looked at Sola but looks like it doesn't have secondary camera and on top of that those with Manufacterer warranty costs more than 15k.

What do you feel about Lenovo Devices?

Glad that you saw the thread!

My phone is in real bad state and I doubt I will be able to wait for more than 15 days, would like to get it as soon as possible. When do you think Lumia 620 will be released?

I saw the problem with xperia U and looked at Sola but looks like it doesn't have secondary camera and on top of that those with Manufacterer warranty costs more than 15k.

What do you feel about Lenovo Devices?

Glad that you saw the thread!

Nokia Lumia doesn't seem to coming any sooner than mid-January next year.

As for the HTC 8S will come out towards late December and cost close to ~18000/- -->20000/-.

I have a XPERIA go and because I do not video-conference the front camera is not a necessity in my case.

Never used any smartphone for extended periods save my XPERIA so I cannot comment on how the others fare. Also, most smartphones heat up a fair bit when they are under constant load.

How reliable is the dealer warranty?
I was reading comparisons and it looks like Xperia U's processor is better than Huawei Honor U8860.

I cannot find any reviews of lenovop7000i? your comments please

Regarding dealer warranty, i don't think there will be any issues. Branded phones rarely have issues in their first year; if you happen to get a faulty unit then the seller provides 7 days exchange warranty, so that will be covered in it. I have bought laptop/mobile without warranty and never had any problem. Regarding lenono p i don't have any idea, maybe someone equipped with the handset is more likely to answer that.

You should surely put down your money either for Sony Xperia U or Xperia Tipo/ Tipo Dual, Man all these phones looks awesome in real.. you will never regret putting your money in it.

I think Xperia U is going around 13k-14k with official warranty and Tipo is going for 10-11k

You should surely put down your money either for Sony Xperia U or Xperia Tipo/ Tipo Dual, Man all these phones looks awesome in real.. you will never regret putting your money in it.

I think Xperia U is going around 13k-14k with official warranty and Tipo is going for 10-11k

The relatively smaller screen size is working against the decision.

I am also looking at Lenovo S880-Black: Buy Online @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal.com

Available at adexmart for 15990

Xperia J has really got some nice mules packed in it, and that 4-inch display is damm stylish man.. The phone is currently being sold @ 16.5k in Flipkart, you can search for some discount coupon/vouchers and yeah it will surely come around 15-15.5k :)

And the best part is that it comes with Android ICS out of the box :)

Back