PC Peripherals Smooth Mouse movement

Nikhil

Skilled
I was browsing through the BFG site and came across these http://www.bfgtech.com/accessories.htm

http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=218688

I want to know if there is something available locally to help me make my mouse smoother. Something similar to the teflon pads made by BFG.

After a day of usage, my mouse movement becomes very ragged. After I clean the feet of the mouse, it instantly feels like heaven.

Is there a permanent solution to my problem(is it really a problem.... I doubt)??? I mean, the worst would be that everyday, I would have to clean the feet of the mouse.... that is all.....

Please give your suggestions....

I use some no name rubber pads with nylon cloth top and I find them very smooth with my Logitech MX500 mouse. I use a pad for over a year and I discard them when they get really dirty - not worn out just dirty.

These cloth top pads feel quite smooth and they cost about 25/-.

@Eazy ---- from where do you get them??? And how do they look like??? what sort of packaging do they come in ???

@Wraith ---- What is an icemat??? Could you please give me more details??

Nikhil posted 0.58 minutes later:

Thank you both for your replies......

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikhil said:
@Eazy ---- from where do you get them??? And how do they look like??? what sort of packaging do they come in ???

@Wraith ---- What is an icemat??? Could you please give me more details??
at 25/- bucks what packing will you get :) .... just plastic wrapped.... they are available at this price on the street at Lamington road and possible the same ones are there at double this cost when you buy in a regular computer store.

Checkout the icemat here... https://www.icemat.com/shop/default.asp?main=products

Icemat is just a piece of frosted glass which can be used as a mouse pad....plus u can have logo's n pics n stuff engravered on the glass n stuff

I don't know what kind of mouse you are using. If it is one of the older type mice with a tracker ball inside it, then a lot of the dirt you are getting is because of the tracker ball.

I would suggest that you get yourself an optical mouse. You can find good ones around the $20 dollar price range.They wiegh much less than the ball type and just glide with slightest touch,and no more jerky curser movements.

Sorry for not telling you.... I have an MX 700..... faaar away from a tracker ball system..... :bleh: The mouse is awesome. But it is only this small thing which irritates at times and stops me from getting good headshots

Wraith said:
Icemat is just a piece of frosted glass which can be used as a mouse pad....plus u can have logo's n pics n stuff engravered on the glass n stuff

nope...frosted glass wont worked...me tried it 5 months ago...but i made a black tinted glass work ;)

later using the same *secret* technology used to make the black one work, i even made a completely transparent glass work :yahoo: albeit with sucky response tho :(

the black was a hit...found one baaad drawback...when the pad is covered with sweat(45 mins of normal use), response decreases drastically....

without AC, even Icemat is a waste...so i abandoned the SunnyMat project :(

I meant the black tinted glass only(the ones used for dinning tables n stuff)...but with a lil rough kinda finish(giving that frosted appearance)

A plain white frosted glass will just confuse the sensors!! Btw i didnt find any problems with the 'icemat' without AC...

Anyways i just use my MX1000 on the table top itself.....have found no problems so far! :D

commercial forsted glass...the frosted side is verrrry rough...cant possibly use the mouse on it......

Wraith said:
Anyways i just use my MX1000 on the table top itself.....have found no problems so far! :D

I used to do this too when I used a MS Explorer mouse but I found that the dust on the table acted as a sandpaper and was scrapping the teflon feet of the mouse. Have you checked the feet of your mouse ?

@Sunny : just have to go to the glasswalla and tell him wat u want exactly....those guys are good u know :D

@Eazy : no problems so far....but since the rains have begun i am using a magazine as a make shift mouse pad...its pretty descent

Wraith said:
@Sunny : just have to go to the glasswalla and tell him wat u want exactly....those guys are good u know :D

@Eazy : no problems so far....but since the rains have begun i am using a magazine as a make shift mouse pad...its pretty descent
Magazine LOL. Thats the funniest thing i heard abt mousepads in sometime. Just get a decent cloth mousepad ;). I use one with a velvety finish and it works really nicely.

here's my clothpad......

whenver it gets very dirty, i just clean it with some detergent and...ummm...that cloth washing brush....

I had this one mouse pad with a nice vevelty finish that came with my logitech first mouse it was abt 8 yrs back.... i really loved that pad...and ever since i lost it...i have given up on mouse pads coz i have never been able to find anything that good :D

BTW MX1000 is quite precise on the 'India Today' with Jinnah on it :bleh:

Also my bro has the eXatmat from Razor its awesome to say the least....its got 2 surfaces speed n control and they do make a diff.. :clap:

Back