Storage Solutions Smooth reading dvd writers

I'm currently using a sony g120a dvd writer via ide connection.....but i hate the crc errors that show up sometimes even if the disk has no probs.....so i thought i'd go with a sata dvd writer..... Could u guys mention some good ones that read dvds smoothly...

liteon is good when its new but gives lot of trouble as time goes by.

LG/SAmsung/Sony are priced similarly.....all of them are good. though its better to ask user opinions first.

+ 1 to Sammy drives from toshiba corp :)

older lite-ons from the 16 series where much better readers :p

you have recommended you the BenQ if they were available ;) they are Legends in Reading media :)

samsung is the best for reading. some DVDs which were written by my sony DVD RW were not readable by the sony drive itself but they worked without a hitch in samsung DVD -RW

all models are equally good and bad. it just depends on your luck. I have a Samsung working great after 4+ years, and another Samsung failing in just over an year.

^... reliability cannot be guaranteed for any of the mentioned drives... Sometimes its the whole batch which has similar problems. No matter which brand... I've seen same problem across one batch of Samsung while LG has their own sets of troubles for same batches....

Anyway Samsung seems to read much better than others.. Checked it personally... It even runs discs not readable by LG, Sony, Asus...

Get the Samsung... Very good reading capability...

LG dvd writer not working - around 1 month old.

Also, found there is crappy BlueBird firmware application in it.

When contacted their Andheri (E), new replacements were not available since item not in stock!!!

Sony Electronics, the pioneer in optical storage devices, introduces yet another group of powerful DVD writers with 22x speed – the Sony Optiarc AD-7220S/A series

Being one of the fastest DVD Writers available today with stable recording quality, the Sony AD-7220S/A series delivers a fast recording speed of 22x when writing to a single layer DVD+/-R disc.

“We are excited to announce the launch of one of the fastest DVD-RW writers available in the market today. As the size of data is increasing day by day, higher speed has become the need of the hour. This is exactly where this new Sony DVD writer fits in. I am confident that this product will raise the bar for 22X DVD-RW drivesâ€, said Mr. Rajesh Goenka, VP-Sales & Marketing, Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.

The Sony AD-7220S/A series is a professional device with high reliability and provides top-of-the line performance. It is available in Serial ATA or Parallel ATA Interface in Bulk Packing.

Furthermore, it features several key technologies such as vibration reduction system and heat dissipation method. Automatically adjusting CD-DA/VCD/DVD data extraction for smooth reading, the Sony AD-7220S/A also features buffer under run protection and optimized writing quality by automatically adjusting writing strategy, which provides optimal user experience.

The Sony AD-7220S/A is compatible with DVD+/-R, DVD+/-R DL, DVD+/-RW and DVD-RAM as well as CDs, and offers the choice of Serial-ATA interface and Parallel-ATA interface. It supports DVDROM, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-ROM (mode 1), CD-ROM/XA (mode 2, form 1 and form 2), Photo CD, CD Extra, CD-TEXT, CD-I, VIDEO CD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, CD-DA, Enhance CD, UDF (fixed/variable Packet mode) and DVD-Audio.

The AD-7221S and AD-7221A feature all of the above plus the addition of LightScribe functionality.

Back