Snapdeal - Feedback Thread

Yup due to the recent coupons, i have purchased around 10 times too snapdeal iz the best, fast shipping, awesome prices..

And dont know if every other online portal has started this or not but the other day when i ordered from FK,order worth was 43000 and it was COD. They called me like 2 or 3 times to confirm the address and that if i have placed the order or not.

Every portal does that more so in cases of high amount to confirm if the buyer is genuine or just trolling.

Fk had bad experiences in UP, due to which they must have made their cod policy more strict all over India.

Every portal does that more so in cases of high amount to confirm if the buyer is genuine or just trolling.

Fk had bad experiences in UP, due to which they must have made their cod policy more strict all over India.
FK had withdrawn COD from UP, is it back now?

Well,i am in Chandigarh and keep on ordering from online portals. I ordered Timberland shoes worth 10k from Yebhi via COD. Then stuff from Myntra and jabong all on COD.

My experience with Snapdeal is same as in any other Indian site including flipkart as well as Amazon.in. Inconsistent. Sometimes delivery is extremely fast but with damaged/defective item and a hassle to return and get a refund/replace and some other times there is problem in delivery and packaging and so on.
My search for another "amazon.com" in India is still on. Initially I was all ga ga over Flipkart and now I know that it was pre-mature.
I am telling this from my on-line shopping experience of more than 5yrs.

My 1st bad experience with snapdeal.
I had ordered a 1:24 bburago lamborghini LP670-4 SV
http://snapdeal.com/product?offer=678222

and a XQ 1:32 Ferrari 430 scuderia
http://snapdeal.com/product/xq-132-ferrari-f430-scuderia/221378

from snapdeal.

They delivered bburago lamborghini murcielago (regular one, not the LP670-4 SV) :mad: and Xq ferrari 458 italia.
Packing was poor. No protective bubblewrap or airbags. Boxes were damaged.

Should i return these and request refund/replacement? I had ordered using COD.

Last edited:
Yes, you request the replacement/refund as the product does not matches the description. call them immediately[DOUBLEPOST=1381306645][/DOUBLEPOST]
No news about it, only members residing in UP can answer it
Return request submitted. They have approved my request to return 458 italia, but return req. of murcielago is not yet approved [got a reply stating 'forwarded to their concerned department'].

i'm from UP. FK still doesn't allow COD orders in UP.

My Cousin ordered a Toshiba 32" LED from Snapdeal about three weeks back only to have the TV delivered later than their initial estimate and on opening it noticed
that the screen was cracked. On contacting Snapdeal, they asked him to contact Toshiba customer care for a replacement. On contacting Toshiba, they sent their guy over
to have a look at the TV and on seeing the screen damaged, he said that Snap Deal has to replace it since it was delivered damaged.

Thats when the entire ordeal started - inspite of countless calls and emails, Snapdeal customer care would just say they will get back within 48 hours and never get back (pictures of
the damaged Tv were sent in the initial mails itself). Even marking a copy to Kunal Bahl didnt make a difference. The call centre guys at SD didnt seem to have a clue of what to do and after an hour long call a week later speaking to the senior most guy in their call center, they agreed to pick up the TV and refund the amount. The pick up finally happened last week (two weeks after
inital delivery and about 18 days after payment). The refund is still to be processed and they have asked for another 3-4 days. My cousin eventually just purchased a TV from Kohinoor and is still awaiting the refund.

All in all, can say that Snap Deal after sales support is pathetic compared to Flipkart or even Ebay Paisa Pay where they are quite prompt in resolving issues.
Flipkart and Amazon US are just excellent - bought a lot of stuff from Flipkart during their Diwali sale and received a couple of defective portable chargers which they were
bundling along with mobile phones and on informed them on email - they replaced them in two days flat, no questions asked. Likewise with Amazon, had an issue with a Kindle
I purchased and they sent me a new one in 3 days and also issued me 45 USD Amazon Credit for the inconvenience.

I have purchased smaller items from Snapdeal previously and never had to contact their customer care but after this issue, would not suggest Snap Deal to anyone unless its a
small value item which is not available on Flipkart / Ebay at a similar price as Trustpay etc on Snapdeal seems to be utterly useless.

Snapdeal cheated me as well. They are frauds no doubt. I don't have time to explain the situation, but there isn't an iota of doubt in my mind that snapdeal deserves to be shut down with their assets liquidated.

Snapdeal cheated me as well. They are frauds no doubt. I don't have time to explain the situation, but there isn't an iota of doubt in my mind that snapdeal deserves to be shut down with their assets liquidated.

How are we supposed to believe you when you don't even have time to explain the situation?
I am not defending Snapdeal but just saying "Snapdeal is a cheat" doesn't make any sense.

I have no reason to lie. Check mouthshut for their reviews. I have dealt with them and they cheated me. I have no reason to explain, I ate up the loss. If you want to deal with them, feel free to, I won't.

Thank You
Aakshey

My Cousin ordered a Toshiba 32" LED from Snapdeal about three weeks back only to have the TV delivered later than their initial estimate and on opening it noticed
that the screen was cracked. On contacting Snapdeal, they asked him to contact Toshiba customer care for a replacement. On contacting Toshiba, they sent their guy over
to have a look at the TV and on seeing the screen damaged, he said that Snap Deal has to replace it since it was delivered damaged.

Thats when the entire ordeal started - inspite of countless calls and emails, Snapdeal customer care would just say they will get back within 48 hours and never get back (pictures of
the damaged Tv were sent in the initial mails itself). Even marking a copy to Kunal Bahl didnt make a difference. The call centre guys at SD didnt seem to have a clue of what to do and after an hour long call a week later speaking to the senior most guy in their call center, they agreed to pick up the TV and refund the amount. The pick up finally happened last week (two weeks after
inital delivery and about 18 days after payment). The refund is still to be processed and they have asked for another 3-4 days. My cousin eventually just purchased a TV from Kohinoor and is still awaiting the refund.

All in all, can say that Snap Deal after sales support is pathetic compared to Flipkart or even Ebay Paisa Pay where they are quite prompt in resolving issues.
Flipkart and Amazon US are just excellent - bought a lot of stuff from Flipkart during their Diwali sale and received a couple of defective portable chargers which they were
bundling along with mobile phones and on informed them on email - they replaced them in two days flat, no questions asked. Likewise with Amazon, had an issue with a Kindle
I purchased and they sent me a new one in 3 days and also issued me 45 USD Amazon Credit for the inconvenience.

I have purchased smaller items from Snapdeal previously and never had to contact their customer care but after this issue, would not suggest Snap Deal to anyone unless its a
small value item which is not available on Flipkart / Ebay at a similar price as Trustpay etc on Snapdeal seems to be utterly useless.

Was thinking of ordering a TV from Snapdeal or Shopclues, both have bad service , will probably buy offline . Who was the seller on snapdeal ?

Its been 35+ days since refund process was initialized [15 oct]. Still haven't got the refund. CC doesn't reply to emails and ignores my comments on their fb page :mad:

Back