Snapdeal has acquired Freecharge

The deal is larger than Flipkart's $300 million acquisition of its smaller rival Myntra in May last year.

IS Freecharge really more valuable than Myntra?? Of course the finance experts think this way that's why Snapdeal paid such a large amount.
I feel the e-com space is now consolidating like telecom. After a year we may see very few serious players in market. The discounts offered in e-com space has reduced quite a lot,

Freecharge is nothing compared to Myntra. Myntra was so awesome. Their customer care was at par with Amazon. Word of mouth helped them a lot.

Freecharge is shit.

Freecharge is nothing compared to Myntra. Myntra was so awesome. Their customer care was at par with Amazon. Word of mouth helped them a lot.

Freecharge is shit.
Agreed 100%, but it seems the financial advisors of snapdeal thought otherwise.

Commission - 1.5-2.5% of the recharge amount / same like the mobile shop owner makes on recharge.
I guessed so. But
1. How can they afford those 10%, 20% etc discounts/cashbacks? (burning invested money ?)
2. Why such huge valuation ? (are they making lots of money or because of the ad potential of their large mobile number database?)

I guessed so. But
1. How can they afford those 10%, 20% etc discounts/cashbacks? (burning invested money ?)
2. Why such huge valuation ? (are they making lots of money or because of the ad potential of their large mobile number database?)
Like avi said, Affiliate sales, then there is Money from recharges commission, and those coupons, companies like CCD used to actually pay them to distribute them.

Back