So tell me about Bangalore

Ankur.J

Game Guy
Disciple
I am going to Bangalore for a week for a holiday. Tell me how it is, this is my first visit of course :). How is the weather there?? I know about the I.T sector there though :p
I am mostly going there for wonder la and Mysore tour. Please tell me additional things about it and also about S.P road :p

It $ucks.
tumblr_ma32oayImg1qkj7vc.jpg

There are mainly two good things about Bangalore

1. Weather - It is not too cold neither too hot (unless you are outside).
2. Large number of malls and shops

The bad things:
1. Horrible traffic and narrow roads
2. Dust
3. Prices

Mysore is a very nice city if you like quiet and small places. And there are hundreds of places to visit within driving limit. :)

Thanks for the replies, how far is the shopping area from railway station?? I think MG road won't be far away.

talking about mysore. I live in mysore.

- - - Updated - - -

blore u got tonnes of options... make sure u visit a benito's for some nice continental dishes

Bangalore is ok, Do try some dosa shops if ur a foodie esp vidyarthi bhavan(mind you the ambiance is not all good but hey ppl go there to enjoy food) and all, if you're into more of an ambiance kina guy then do try 13th floor restaurant. I love the view from there :) other than that nothing much to see.. try to stay away from autos, unless needed..Oh ya if time permits do visit Orion mall.. Other than that weather is ok now, kinda hot in daytime but temp go down to 17-18 degrees after 7 but you won't be needing any woolens. Mysore is a city to be in, place is small but people are very friendly and nice(tellin from my personal experience).. Do try Bombay tiffinys when in mysore.. nice place.

Malls are all same. It will be the same in all cities. Some newer malls like Mantri and Orion are quite big, but mostly the same shops. No point in going there

Instead spend time and money on food/drinks.

If you are near MG Road visit the below places. Check any review site like zomato for your preference. They are all close to each other. Google map is you friend to get directions.
HRC
The Biere Club
koshy's
The Only Place

My other favorites
CTR, near malleshwaram circle (Butter Masala Dosa and mangalore bajji are must try - best in Bangalore)
Windsor Pub, Vasanthnagar (Pork Curry is a specialty)

Unless you have a bike/car, moving around is a little difficult. Avoid morning, evening and weekend rush.

Weather: Not too hot, not too cold throughout the year. If you are coming from Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata you will love the weather.
Attractions: Lal Bagh, Cubbon Park, Tipu Sultan’s Palace, Bangalore Palace, Nandi Hills, Bannerghatta National Park, Mayo Hall. Vidhana Soudha, Visvesvaraya Museum, HAL Aerospace Museum, Bull Temple, ISKCON Temple.
Malls: List of shopping malls in Bangalore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Mantri @ Malleswaram is the biggest)
Shopping: M.G. Road, Brigade Road, Commercial street
Food: Barbeque Nation, Chutney Chang, Copper Chimney, Plan B, Little Italy, The Egg Factory, TGIF, Habanero
S. P. Road: Never buy from the first shop, bargain at at least 4-5 shops before purchasing

Moving around is a bit difficult unless you have a bike. Avoid the morning and evening traffic. For buses you can get daily passes for cheap. Cars on rent will cost you 8 hour / 80 km basis, around 600 bucks starting.

Take a Auto to Central mall J P Nagar at 5 PM. Go to the bus stop. Wait for 500C to come, Board the bus and tell him you want to get down at ITPL. Will cost you 50 bucks.

Come back to Pune and then tell us about Bangalore :)

Bangalore - Well all I can say - One of the best (sorry ONLY) best city in south India with most awesome weather.

90 % of people from north india will settle in Bangalore for lifetime when compare to any other city in South.

Avoid autos as they rob you . My suggestion is to move to Mysore directly. There is nothing much to see here other than the famous speed breakers, potholes and garbage.

Bangalore - Well all I can say - One of the best (sorry ONLY) best city in south India with most awesome weather.

90 % of people from north india will settle in Bangalore for lifetime when compare to any other city in South.
Yea I know, but wait only best city?? I have been to Chennai and Hyderabad, they are really very good. Except for the crowd, I have heard rumors that Bangalore has hot crowd :p.
@Metalspree don't know whats with autos, rob you means charge high in cash? or it is like realistic GTA robbing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back