SOCOM 4 - Discussion Thread

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALS (also known as SOCOM: Special Forces in PAL regions)

Genre:- Modern Shooter

Move Supported :- Yes

PS3 Exclusive :- Yes

Release Date :- 19th April 2011(Earlier the better :eek:hyeah:)

SOCOM 4 is a squad-based tactical shooter. Players are able to give various commands to team members such as setting waypoints, issuing squad commands, setting behaviors and commanding the squad to take out multiple targets on the way to their objective. In addition, as the player is the Ops Commander, he will be able to use Command Mode which allows him to see points of tactical interest that cannot be seen in regular mode. In Command Mode, the action will slow down slightly and the screen will become grayish as the player decides his choices though combat will still continue.
At times, the action will be a full-on firefight while other times require the player to infiltrate locations silently and undetected by enemy forces. Players will be receiving intel on the battlefield and will also be able to call in air strikes and strafing runs on enemy targets in the battlefield. The "SOCOM" 4 single-player campaign is built around 14 missions.
Apart from the single-player mode, the game will also feature an online mode which supports up to 32 players and has been described as "an all new experience" by lead designer Travis Steiner. It was also announced that there will be no in-game lobby's or pistols. The game also features a cover system which differs from previous games.
j16p6s.jpg

Re: SOCOM 4 Discussion Thread

Mostly not positive reviews are showing up for the game.

SP Campaign is around 6 hours.

Was watching some gameplay videos some of the cutscenes looks a rip off PS2

SOCOM games are over-rated and not a fun to play according to me - the reviews of this game seem to be indicating the same now.

The fking thing is the 3rd person view its annoying in a shooter.

I checked the gameplay videos of this game and the graphics seemed extremely dull. GT Video review up yet?

Yes the cutscenes looked like PS2 , saw GT review as well as GS both say nothing spectacular.

Cutscenes reminds me of James Bond 007: Blood Stone

I'll get home & have a look at it. If the story/gameplay seems interesting enough, only then might give it a go. Else, with the existing backlog, I wouldn't even bother. :p

Aman27deep said:
I am gonna play this game via my move
What's your move like? :p

OT: Jojo, you're off the hook. So we'll (hopefully) resume our daily conversations. :)

Checked the GT Review and got the game. Off to work for now, will return and check how good it actually is. :p

I won a BETA code for this game.. All I can say is "I'm NOT impressed"..

Myself & my friend felt that the game character movement is a bit slow because we primarily play COD/BFBC..

The Verdict : SOCOM 4 is only for hardcore SOCOM fans..

Back