Solar - grid tied billing

We made an application for subsidized rooftop solar in March 2020, still waiting for action from the DISCOM.
Sad state of affairs in India. If good off grid solutions like Tesla Power existed in India, I would have moved off grid completely.

I have been using ongrid 1kw solar for last 2 years. Initially i had 4 panels of 250w each , but it was generating below 1kw, onky 70% of 1kw was being generated ( approx 4 units a day) so i added 2 more panels. Now i am utilizing 100% and able to generate 7 to 8 units on clear sunny days.
Will update more details later

Now govt is disallowing in grid, net metering as it is loss for discoms. I wanted to increase my power plant ro atleast 2kw, as i have added 2 more ac's.

Solar is not profitable for people living in flats / societies. Entire sector is designed for rich people only.

Solar is not profitable for people living in flats / societies. Entire sector is designed for rich people only.
Why not ? If your flat / society permits you to install them on terrace then it is profitable. You get cheap loans from bank, and subsidy from govt.

I have been using ongrid 1kw solar for last 2 years. Initially i had 4 panels of 250w each , but it was generating below 1kw, onky 70% of 1kw was being generated ( approx 4 units a day) so i added 2 more panels. Now i am utilizing 100% and able to generate 7 to 8 units on clear sunny days.
Will update more details later

Now govt is disallowing in grid, net metering as it is loss for discoms. I wanted to increase my power plant ro atleast 2kw, as i have added 2 more ac's.
Are you using directly off solar or have batteries too? How does it do load balancing for increased or decreased demand?

Can you elaborate on the loan part ? Nobody is loans for rooftop solar as far as I know. You have to take a personal loan from banks.
Banks are not giving it easily . Talk to some BM of psu bank, they had some scheme, but they wont give. As it involves lot of work for small loans they are not interested.

Can you elaborate on the loan part ? Nobody is loans for rooftop solar as far as I know. You have to take a personal loan from banks.
If you own agricultural land their is huge govt subsidy on solar pumps.they comes in 3 sizes 5kv,7.5kv and 10kv including one 10kv motor pump.nowdays solar plates have also become much cheaper 27,28rs per watt.if you have solar plates installed then solar batteries will also cost you less as these batteries have only 5% tax and 5 year full replacement warranty.my cousin have installed more then 5kv on his rooftop,have solar water heater,lots of batteries and have applied for 10kv solar pump.i have 1000 watts solar plates and inverter.

i am afraid only with agricultural land can apply for solar pumps subsidy.most brand makes their solar variant of batteries.i have amron solar tall tubular bought in march when lockdown was on full swing
i havent faced any problem till now.their is also battery by brand name of zenus or genus solar which is tried for full 5 years.amron i bought because there was no supply and shop was shut down.you can buy any both are good.keep in mind only solar variant will give you 5years warranty and hard to find in some cities.i have these but at lower price then amazon https://www.amazon.in/Amaron-Solar-...nverter,Solar Tall Tubular Battery (60Months)

Vikram, Adani 380-390 panels are good. I hear 460 panels are expected in Q2 2021. Even Enphase IQ8 micro inverter is also expected around the same time.
Don't know if I should wait or just get it now. Subsidy in my state is a joke, things are pending since 6 months.

If you own agricultural land their is huge govt subsidy on solar pumps.they comes in 3 sizes 5kv,7.5kv and 10kv including one 10kv motor pump.nowdays solar plates have also become much cheaper 27,28rs per watt.if you have solar plates installed then solar batteries will also cost you less as these batteries have only 5% tax and 5 year full replacement warranty.my cousin have installed more then 5kv on his rooftop,have solar water heater,lots of batteries and have applied for 10kv solar pump.i have 1000 watts solar plates and inverter.
I have agricultural land in andhra pradesh. Can you link some resources where I can avail this subsidy on solar pumps.

Also is it necessary when govt is already providing free subsidised power for motors?

I have agricultural land in andhra pradesh. Can you link some resources where I can avail this subsidy on solar pumps.

Also is it necessary when govt is already providing free subsidised power for motors?
Bro check with your local edisha kender or adc office.it's central govt project so it might be available in your state.i am from haryana and my state got 1700crore for solar pump subsidies from central govt.we have to apply in edisha kender then deposit a DD of 1.10 lakh for 10kv solar pump,78k for 7.5kv and 57k for 5kv.so it will cost rs 10 per watt including submursuble pump,pipes,wire etc.farmer only have to dig bore well in his farm.it comes with tata panels.after deposit of dd they will install solar system within 90 days.in my distt not many farmers have applied because of low levels of ground water so it's easily available.check your ground water level max depth these pump works is 20 meters and 10 meters for 5kv.if you already got power connection for water pump then you don't need these solar pumps because because of their limitations.best way is if it doesn't work as pump install solar panels on rooftop for electricity and do what you deems fit with rest of equipments or as govt directs.
can you please give link to such good quality mono panels ....
I have been using solar at small scale for about Rs 45 - 60 per watt
Bro as i said my cousin deals in all these solar panel.if we needs we simply asks him.he is crazy about solar things and after 6,7 years of experience he have got knowledge and contacts.he buys at wholesale price,price you mentioned were decades ago.most expensive panels which i can remember were from sukam 47rs per watt 7,8 years ago and from that time solar panel prices have gone lot lower.no one buys solar panels at 40rs these days.at most seller can charge 27,28rs 45rs is real loot.have you checked with local seller? And are you sure they are selling at price you mentioned?wholesale price of adani,tata panel was around 20rs today you can guess how much they are charging from you.don't check online check locally and let me know and from reputed brand only rest is dumping waste from china

Last edited:
@ashoka1 I've been buying from companies like Loomsolar & mostly I use 50 watt mono panels.
Loomsolar 50 watt panel's standard price is Rs 2400 ; recent festival offer was Rs 2208 ...

Back