Some Basic HD Questions

bejay

Disciple
Hey Guys,

Here are a few questions for which I have been trying to find answers

1. I have Gigabyte MB M61PME - S2P with on board Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nforce430 with 512MB memory including that shared from my Kingston 2GB DDR2 800Mhz Memory, What is the Maximum Resolution that this Onboard Graphic can support?? (Processor:AMD Athlon X2 5200)

2. I have Panasonic Plasma Full HD TV - TH - P42S10A with VGA input from PC. ASSUMING that my on board graphics can give out full HD signals, can a regular VGA D-Sub 15pin cable support passing thru of full HD signal??

3. The TV Supports 1366 X 768 @ 60Hz thru D-Sub 15P and 1080/24p thru component, now I don't understand how to take component output from my PC, is there a VGA to component adapter?? and if there is one, can it pass thru 1080p??

4. As per my understanding, when a video is played on the PC, the onboard graphics upscales the video to the desktop resolution, is this true?? if so can my HPW20 Screen which supports a resolution of upto 1680X1050 be considered ALMOST FULL HD??

5. Is there any software that can upscale any DVD quality video being played on PC to full HD?? I googled on the subject a bit and understand FFDShow can do this, but can anyone provide steup by ste guide on the settings?? I tried a few things but it still doesn't seem anyway close to what my 1080i DVD player can do

6. Can WDTV or Xtreamer upscale videos??

7. And hey seeing how media center market is heating up, why not start a new Sub Forum on the subject??

Let me try this.

1) Google!

NVIDIA Forums > 6150 Max Resolution? -> 1920*1200

2) Yes. Might be some signal degradation though. Why not just get a cheap HD4350 with HDMI out?

3) Yes. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=840626

4) Yes, and yes.

5) Read your question above. Works for video as well. It is automatically upscaled to your PC's desktop resolution.

6) Yes. Both upscale to your display's native resolution.

7) Will be discussed/

Back