Some noobies questions for advanced programmers

Senheck

Recruit
Q1. What is the best language for making Windows applications?
Q2. Is freecodecamp a good place to start?
Q3. Is it better to learn coding theoretically or through projects?
Q4. What is Leetcode?
Q5. How should I approach databases and algorithms? (My math and study skills are terrible.)

Hello,
I'm a total beginner who only knows a small amount of HTML and CSS.
I'm afraid to approach Python as it looks complicated.

> Q1. What is the best language for making Windows applications?
Depends on the application you are developing ? Anyways, MS Visual Studio should be considered as primary tool on MS Windows.

The rest you should ask in detail with Chat GPT there days... :D

> Q1. What is the best language for making Windows applications?
Depends on the application you are developing ? Anyways, MS Visual Studio should be considered as primary tool on MS Windows.

The rest you should ask in detail with Chat GPT there days... :D
An AI explaining to me is too complicated for me to understand. XD

Not an advanced programmer, Just do some decent amount of simple stuff to support my own work.

Need both at first. Cannot code without knowing basics.
But once done, actual learning really happens by working on things. I came out of college with a degree but no real skills ( obv others will be much better too). Coding while in job is what actually helped. After a few years you develop basic skills in being able to organize/abstract and think ahead.

python is perhaps one of the easiest language to work with. Some things can be done in a line which might take many many lines in something like c++. Really great, but pure python can be slow. With libraries and workarounds one can manage. I have not used it, but Rust is supposed to be easy enough to work with and is much faster too.
I moved to python few years back, have not really learned it by studying but just by working on things and googling stack exchange type sites for answers on how to do something. But for a complete newbie, you will have learn the basics first.

I don't have answer, but just saying python works on both windows and linux.

Q5. How should I approach databases and algorithms? (My math and study skills are terrible.)
I think some basic understanding of datastructures esp and algorithms should help in coding. Perhaps if you can understand the concept itself, that might be enough as you dont really need to implement those for simple coding and simple coding can do a lot. Databases stuff you can do after that, though not every program needs one.

One very good way might be to start with Coding courses in something like coursera/edx. I don't know where they stand now, but i tried them a decade ago when they were just starting out and completely free, and the quality of these courses was very high + they were fun too. After that can pick up relevant books if they interest you. Just google and pick up popular+easy to understand one.

But again, we learn best by doing.

C#. It's not a bad language to learn coding but it has relatively less jobs compared to other techs. You can also use Javascript or python to make windows apps. And I'd suggest you start with either of them because they are the new sexy. Stay away from C and C++.

Yeah, that and Udemy. Purchase a starter course in any language you prefer. Don't youtube because it's not beginners.

There's no learning coding theoretically. Practice and practice more through projects otherwise you'll forget.

Q4. What is Leetcode?
FIrst rule of coding, learn to google. Second rule of coding, learn to google.

Contrary to popular belief maths isn't required for 99% coding jobs. Your problem solving skill matters. Coding jobs that require maths are very few and they all require 10-20 years of experience in the field.

Q4. What is Leetcode?

Hello,
I'm a total beginner who only knows a small amount of HTML and CSS.
Hey i m not a advanced programmer just a college first year but my cousin told me few things related to ques you posted here
1. Don't have idea about it
2.freecodecamp and odin project are one the best options you can go for free learning,still I would suggest udemy courses by colt steele.
3. I saw a lot of YouTubers and college students who only work on their coding skills and grind CP( competitive programming) but i don't like that path because cp is not for everyone.
I would suggest you to grind dsa and focus on open source and projects.
This will help you to build a good resume
4. Leet code is a website to practice dsa.
5.you will not need that high lvl math problem solving skills , basic one will do the work. You should follow striver on yt , he is the god of teaching dsa in india.
P.S - pls stay away from clickbait youtubers like didi, bhaiya, babar
Those guys are not upto the mark acc. To me.
I have a detailed series wise list which language and topic to learn i will post it soon on TE
I had some great help from my cousin who works as full stack dev remotely in a spain based startup.

Back