Some questions about Jio Fiber

My experience with Jiofiber had been terrible.
1) Speed for 100mbps plan was around 70mbps.
2) Frequent 5g band disconnection.
3) cannot fix channel
4)Don't even have a proper customer service

I decided to get my connection removed within 17 days. Although there was 30 days trial, Jio deducted for 21 days.
Disconnection request was placed on 11 Feb and received deducted amount on 8-march after a lot of escalation. Very bad experience with Jio.
Where are you located?

I had taken up the JioFiber trial in Mumbai this year and was thoroughly disappointed. The speeds are not at all consistent. Also, it was evident that they still use deep packet inspection as I specifically had issues with my work VPN. Also, had opted for the STB (a locked-down Android box) which had a crowded interface and was unusable for elderly people. In the trial offer, Amazon Prime was not included but most other OTT services were accessible on other devices using the registered mobile number. Some services like Liongate are locked to the Jio app though and had limited content.

At the end of the day, it is much cheaper to get a connection from another ISP and annual subscriptions for all OTT services at a lower price. At the time of refund, I was initially only refunded for the net connection and had to register multiple complaints to get the refund for the STB.

I had initially used their pre-launch offer 2.5 years back and it is definitely more stable since then but the service is as bad.

Ironically, I am on Hathway presently (which is majorly owned by Ambani) but then I am getting 180 Mbps for about 800 a month post-tax, so can't complain for now considering the other available options.

Last edited:
I had taken up the JioFiber trial in Mumbai this year and was thoroughly disappointed. The speeds are not at all consistent. Also, it was evident that they still use deep packet inspection as I specifically had issues with my work VPN. Also, had opted for the STB (a locked-down Android box) which had a crowded interface and was unusable for elderly people. In the trial offer, Amazon Prime was not included but most other OTT services were accessible on other devices using the registered mobile number. Some services like Liongate are locked to the Jio app though and had limited content.

At the end of the day, it is much cheaper to get a connection from another ISP and annual subscriptions for all OTT services at a lower price. At the time of refund, I was initially only refunded for the net connection and had to register multiple complaints to get the refund for the STB.

I had initially used their pre-launch offer 2.5 years back and it is definitely more stable since then but the service is as bad.
Good to know your experience. I saw their list of channels and wasn't too impressed. They're not going to replace tatasky for us. So I ended up signing up for the 4 months of 100mbps connection at 2.5k (inclusive of tax, installation charges and router etc) and no bundled ott stuff.

This came cheaper than what ACT guy offered. ACT had cheaper options for like 250mbps and over. But I think for me 100mbps is sufficient.

I just signed up today. I'll have to see how it all pans out when the installation is done.

After 4 months, it becomes postpaid. You pay irrespective of your use.
Can you ask your sales guy that can the postpaid connection be converted into prepaid at any point of time?
Screenshot_2022-04-18-21-47-41-48_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Source - https://www.jio.com/can-i-convert-from-prepaid-to-postpaid-and-vice-versa.html#/

Get local cablewala internet nag hag etc to get the rates down and get one public ip if you dont want nated ips .They will always provide better service . if possible ask what is their upstream provider TATA or Airtel .For people who suffered with Airtel in past months they did suffer from some DNs issues as well as DDOS attacks on the other hand TATA has superb support for DDOS attacks etc they actually provide great service to your local internet guys.

people in Mumbai,Kochi,chennai and Kolkata should actually have good speeds since they reside near global internet landing cables and lesser charges

I am using Jio fiber + STB on 999 per month plan.
They provide apps for Sony Liv, Hotstar etc so that you can continue watching "live TV". Of,course the apps also allow you to watch specific content like series, movies etc whatever is available.
Now what I see is that paid content on all these apps is unlocked - so definitely all those OTT charges are part of the 999 that I am paying.
Can't say about Amazon prime, since my annual membership hadn't expired yet, however Netflix need to be bough by the user separately - it is not included in 999.
So far, I find the experience much better than regular DTH.
And Internet speed has been quite consistent 150 mbps.

I am using Jio fiber + STB on 999 per month plan.
They provide apps for Sony Liv, Hotstar etc so that you can continue watching "live TV". Of,course the apps also allow you to watch specific content like series, movies etc whatever is available.
Now what I see is that paid content on all these apps is unlocked - so definitely all those OTT charges are part of the 999 that I am paying.
Can't say about Amazon prime, since my annual membership hadn't expired yet, however Netflix need to be bough by the user separately - it is not included in 999.
So far, I find the experience much better than regular DTH.
And Internet speed has been quite consistent 150 mbps.
Where do you live?

Do you mean that when you get the DTh, you can buy Netflix on the set top box?

And I was going to go with this, but changed my mind to getting the 699 plan because I saw the list of channels and it didn't contain some things that my parents like to watch. So :/

Are you able to use VPN for work? I've heard that some people are having issues with connecting to VPN on Jio Fiber.

^^
You get prime membership for all the 14 apps mentioned in the 999 plan. Netflix is not mentioned, so it is not part of it. The app is there, so you can login using normal process. Even Youtube is there (as app icon), but you do not get paid membership, but you can login using QR. When I see Disney Hotstar in the profile management (on JIO STB), I see two accounts for myself. One is my normal one (running from a prior payment) ++ the JIO one.

VPN work alright on JIO fiber.

Just got the installation done.

I'm impressed with the console that we get on the MyJio app for configuring the router device settings and also the speeds are as advertised!

Screenshot_2022-04-19-12-52-02-14_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
The installation was professionally done and was over in like 45 mins, as advertised.

And I asked about the prepaid/postpaid. Basically at the end of the 4 month period I'll have to pay for next 3 months in advance. If I don't pay I won't be charged. So this literally is prepaid. But they call it postpaid, which is confusing.

But I'm also not sure if the installation guys know what they are talking about.

I believe I can set it up to have a monthly cycle too. Not sure how to do it on the app.

I'll send a query to their customer support to get a clearer idea.

But so far, if these speeds are consistent, I'm a happy customer.
Ok, just found thisScreenshot_2022-04-19-13-07-01-30_c72402d906d1e21e06a8eac9fc5d95fa.jpg
I guess I can recharge here and it will be added to the account and push the postpaid billing cycle ahead by however many months I pay for.

I'm impressed with the console that we get on the MyJio app for configuring the router device settings and also the speeds are as advertised!

Screenshot_2022-04-19-12-52-02-14_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
The installation was professionally done and was over in like 45 mins, as advertised.

And I asked about the prepaid/postpaid. Basically at the end of the 4 month period I'll have to pay for next 3 months in advance. If I don't pay I won't be charged. So this literally is prepaid. But they call it postpaid, which is confusing.

But I'm also not sure if the installation guys know what they are talking about.

I believe I can set it up to have a monthly cycle too. Not sure how to do it on the app.

I'll send a query to their customer support to get a clearer idea.

But so far, if these speeds are consistent, I'm a happy customer.
Ok, just found thisScreenshot_2022-04-19-13-07-01-30_c72402d906d1e21e06a8eac9fc5d95fa.jpg
I guess I can recharge here and it will be added to the account and push the postpaid billing cycle ahead by however many months I pay for.
Spoke too soon. This is just add on for the existing plan, like additional data if we happen to complete the 3000GB within the month lol

Last edited:

Spoke too soon. This is just add on for the existing plan, like additional data if we happen to complete the 3000GB within the month lol

If you do another recharge do not activate it. It will self kick-in once the current plan expires.

Where do you live?

Do you mean that when you get the DTh, you can buy Netflix on the set top box?

And I was going to go with this, but changed my mind to getting the 699 plan because I saw the list of channels and it didn't contain some things that my parents like to watch. So :/

Are you able to use VPN for work? I've heard that some people are having issues with connecting to VPN on Jio Fiber.
Asingh has already responded, however I am indeed facing a weird problem with office VPN.
Internet via VPN works fine.
Office intranet works.
Outlook and MS Teams doesn't!

To get Outlook and MS teams working, I have to switch off the VPN. This problem has started with Jio.

Asingh has already responded, however I am indeed facing a weird problem with office VPN.
Internet via VPN works fine.
Office intranet works.
Outlook and MS Teams doesn't!

To get Outlook and MS teams working, I have to switch off the VPN. This problem has started with Jio.
so if you use your mobile/4g internet and connect to vpn does your outlook & teams work ?

and on jio {assuming jio fiber } (without vpn connection) does your outlook and ms teams work ?

Back