Video Sony Bravia 46X450 or Samsung 46" Series 7 LED TV

The MRP of the Samsung LED 46" 7 Series is Rs.30,000 more than the 46" LED 6 Series... fundamentally just for Internet & DLNA capability. Not worth the premium. Go for the LED 6 Series instead.

I plan to use a media player (xtreamer types) along with the TV so i suppose if buy a good media player with n/w capabilities tha should be fine. For Internet, i better use my computer. But i suppose no 46" LED would come for less than a lakh right :(

WickedTA said:
The MRP of the Samsung LED 46" 7 Series is Rs.30,000 more than the 46" LED 6 Series... fundamentally just for Internet & DLNA capability. Not worth the premium. Go for the LED 6 Series instead.

Exactly! Thats what I told him in an earlier post. The 6 series has the same screen and costs lot less.

raksrules said:
But i suppose no 46" LED would come for less than a lakh right :(

The 6 series LED is around 1.3L.. So maybe, come Dec, it might fall 10-15%...

stallionsam said:
Sorry guys confirmed price with alpha again today for the Sony X450 says it is 1,65,000 so dropped the idea of X450 and now considering Sony 46w550 which is 1,10,000 with Bill and Samsung 46" series 7 LED which is 1,60,000 with bill. Family likes Samsung better on the wall because of its slim looks

well again the X450A LED lcd is still much better then the samsung 46" LED lcd since u say both cost around 1.60lakh.
as far as W550A its better for SD content then the samsung series 7 LCD.

again samsung are making hefty profits in LED lcds , marketing them as LED tv. sony had launched a LED lcd way back in 2005,they never called it LED tv.
so those who have plans to get a samsung LED lcd tv wait a bit more,their prices are surely going to fall further.more manufactures are going to launch led lcds

adder said:
X450A ... show full 1080lines of motion resolution thanks to motionflow PRO
I've read this in some other post, but don't understand :huh: what is meant by full "show 1080 lines of resolution". Won't every 1080p display show all 1080 lines of source content and if source content is of a lower resolution, then upscale it to 1080 lines?

WickedTA said:
I've read this in some other post, but don't understand :huh: what is meant by full "show 1080 lines of resolution". Won't every 1080p display show all 1080 lines of source content and if source content is of a lower resolution, then upscale it to 1080 lines?

while in a static image all 1080p lcds can show 1080lines of resolution. but when their is motion involved lcds cannot show full 1080lines of motion resolution,this is a drawback of lcds,so to overcome this, lcds now have 200hz or psuedo 200hz(100hz +backlight blinking) to show full 1080lines of motion resolution.
most newer plasmas can however show 1080lines of motion resolution.

I heard that the samsung led tv is good but nothin beats sony at any point of time more over the led tv is just a hype to fool the people as it is only led backlight So sony is better. Moreover colour and image quality is better on sony than on samsung led

WickedTA said:
Thanks adder. So does this mean that as a rule all 200Hz LCD TVs are capable of full 1080 lines resolution and vice versa?

yeah something like that,some may be close like around 950 to 1050lines,honestly most people can't differentiate b/w 600lines of 100hz tvs to 950 to 1080lines of 200hz.

^^ Even the w450 had a 8 bit panel.The earlier w400 had a 10 bit panel.Besides the newer w550 ccfl backlight whereas the earlier ones use wcg-ccfl.

okk confirmed via my frnd he got 6 series samsung led 46 inch for ard 1 lakh here on independence day...some special offer 1.5l stuff for 1l from ezone vashi...octroi avoided as said b4 by bringing it in cab..also with warranty stuff

^^ You mean the MRP of that TV was 1.5 Lakh and due to some offer he got for 1 Lakh ??
Cool man...sound too good to be true

BTW can you get the model number of that TV ?

Also wanted to ask whether he got that offer because was it like "This one piece MRP 1.5L but for today 1L". I mean i am confused as how he got it for 50k less :S

Not doubting...just curious.

raksrules said:
^^ You mean the MRP of that TV was 1.5 Lakh and due to some offer he got for 1 Lakh ??

Also wanted to ask whether he got that offer because was it like "This one piece MRP 1.5L but for today 1L". I mean i am confused as how he got it for 50k less :S

well in samsung there is always a huge price difference b/w MRP and street price.for eg as soon as samsung launched the series 6 40inch LED LCD MRP was 1.20lakh street price was around a lakh.

^^ So if say i decide on buying a TV and check out samsung India website where the prices are mentioned, i can expect the price to be lower in showroom than what is given on their website...right ?

raksrules said:
^^ So if say i decide on buying a TV and check out samsung India website where the prices are mentioned, i can expect the price to be lower in showroom than what is given on their website...right ?

yep,thats right.

raksrules said:

Raks on websites other than samsung its mentioned the tv can b bought btw 1.25l to 1.6l...46 inch led 6 series......

So assume the price to b 1.25l.......the mall made a self promotion claiming its 1.5l price(marketing gimmick)..and independence offer 50k discount(actually its 25k ra...plus he got it from non octroi zone so i guess 5-7k another saved u c)......so this chap father thought its tempting and he got it......

I wont b surprised if it goes ard 80k in couple of months.......will luv to see in 60k range

Back