Video Sony Bravia 46X450 or Samsung 46" Series 7 LED TV

stallionsam

Disciple
Hi I am being offered the 46" X series Sony Bravia For about Rs. 95000 and the 46" Series 7 Samsung LED TV is available at 1,60,000. Can folks here pls help me decide which one to buy. Also the 46" W550 is also due out soon. Pls help me decide which one to buy. Also any other 46" Lcd suggestions are welcome

where are u getting a 46inch X series for 95k :O .well if its is a X450A then go for it blindly,its has a local dimming tri luminouse LED and show full 1080lines of motion resolution thanks to motionflow PRO,it also has a superior BE2 PRO engine and one of the best sound quality u can hear from a tv.

Officially its retail price on the sony website is 203k.So i seriously doubt you will get it for 95k.Maybe the 40 inch version but not the 46.Anyway which shop is it??

raksrules said:
How safe is to buy LCD TV costing a bomb from grey market?

the only safest stuff would be try not to play too much with the tv settings for the 1st year...As most provider provides warranty for a year only....After that u have to pay for the expense..atleast if something happens after a year u will have the consolation that it didn't faced out of warranty or why it happened now

^^ But grey market stuff (TV in his case) wont hold any warranty after it is sold to the buyer, so if luck is bad and something happens within first year, the buyer is screwed right ?
BTW considering Mumbai, i just know Alfa for grey market TVs, other reliable options ?

raksrules said:
^^ But grey market stuff (TV in his case) wont hold any warranty after it is sold to the buyer, so if luck is bad and something happens within first year, the buyer is screwed right ?

BTW considering Mumbai, i just know Alfa for grey market TVs, other reliable options ?

There are many...crawford market(the oldest).....also there might be couple at heera panna

For that in advance u need to know the working of all settings and test it on the spot......if it doesnt work than the person may offer u other stuff....as there might b understanding btw him and his importer for damage piece change...but once u get the stuff in hand and leave.....4get about it...or calling the chap...

btw do take advice from him to whom to call if problem arise..like mechanic stuff for future reference

Hey btw..one of my frnd just got 46 inch led samsung 6 series....

Prices cant verifiy....as he says his dad bought and his brother always shows off now saying 1.4l......but heard he got it from vashi ezone at some special discount going on......for that day....and might have got btw 1.1l to 1.25l........octroi saved by bringing it in taxi.......paying 1000 buks to their engineer and taxi fare together

I would get the LED one. Btw the price you mentioned for the LED TV seems high... Is it the top end model? Look for other Samsung LED models too which have the same screen...

I think these Samsung LED TVs (which are actually LCD with back lit LED ...don't know what that means) are quiet something which people are opting. Do we have any benefits of them over the usual LCD TVs. Also i suppose we can expect the 46 incher LEDs to come within 1 Lakh by year end. Asking because i need to buy one 46" by dec end or jan start and am keeping a tab on whats on offer.

raksrules said:
I think these Samsung LED TVs (which are actually LCD with back lit LED ...don't know what that means) are quiet something which people are opting. Do we have any benefits of them over the usual LCD TVs. Also i suppose we can expect the 46 incher LEDs to come within 1 Lakh by year end. Asking because i need to buy one 46" by dec end or jan start and am keeping a tab on whats on offer.

Ya no doubt prices will go down by dec and jan.....Right now they are the best to buy...as soon as something better comes up....prices tumble at rapid pace in lcd tv market...

Have seen price fall from 1.6l to 75k in a year lg samsung stuffs

^^ That means TVs that are today considered really good but cost in six figures (which means out of budget for me) may be cheaper by year end when new models arrive and if they are available companies would surely want to forgo them ASAP to make room for new models and i can get that at reasonable rates at that time.
Obviously grey market looks inviting because of huge price difference but the no-warranty is a deal-breaker when buying such an expensive thing.

Its just 1 year warranty and I am yet to own a TV that went kaput in 1 year. The only worry is whether the grey market stocks repaired/defective ones...

raksrules said:
^^ That means TVs that are today considered really good but cost in six figures (which means out of budget for me) may be cheaper by year end when new models arrive and if they are available companies would surely want to forgo them ASAP to make room for new models and i can get that at reasonable rates at that time.
Obviously grey market looks inviting because of huge price difference but the no-warranty is a deal-breaker when buying such an expensive thing.

The much important stuff from buying grey is the source.......like u pay them and they dont even give u kachaa bill in some cases......when i bought psp from alfa in 2005....they gave me a bill type amount with nuthin written on it at all except 18750 written on it...the guy even refused to give me their shop bag( 5 buk plastic) saying only bill stuff given in alfa written bags....

So when u buy stuff..its better 2-3 of your frnd go together as u never know u hand them the money and u never get the stuff.....This stuff i have heard have happened in manish market,crawford market area.....or your cash flying away from your pocket in that area....

For electronics its always better to buy in warranty..but i agree for tv the warranty they offer doesnt make me feel to buy with one.....and thats the reason ill graduate slowly towards the big screen..planning to get 32-42 inch one within 50-60k limit after diwali as i guess i might b gifted one this year...u never know

well samsung LED lcd doesn't have a backlight but rather a edgelight.the only benefit is u get a slim tv and reduces power consumption.
where as the sony X450A uses a LED backlight,which has local dimming,which aids in contrast,the sony also uses a slightly advanced RGB led or tri luminous LED,so the color tint can vary deepending on the image shown,increasing the gamut further more.

Sorry guys confirmed price with alpha again today for the Sony X450 says it is 1,65,000 so dropped the idea of X450 and now considering Sony 46w550 which is 1,10,000 with Bill and Samsung 46" series 7 LED which is 1,60,000 with bill. Family likes Samsung better on the wall because of its slim looks

^^ Did you find any slim (good looking on wall) 46" LCD from Samsung/Sony under 1,00,000 rupees. Anything more and i will have to sell my kidney :lol:

Back