Sony WF-1000XM3 worth it over AirPods Pro?

Took some calls and it was okay I guess, one major con is that these are not made for running/jogging.

There is a risk of pop out since they sit inside ears with the help of tips only and body just hangs outside the ear.

Probably a bit to the thread, but I own the WF1000XM3 and Seinheisser Momentum TWS 1. The Momentum TWS sound a bit...closed (muffled ?) as compared to WF, but a little tweaking can open them up. They are pretty uncomfortable on the ear though, and jut out quite a bit. Touch sensitivity is pretty shit.
The WFs are decent, but I couldn't find a single tip which could hold them inside my ear for more than 20-30 mins. Have to keep on adjusting. Tried aftermarket tips too. Not a fan of foam tips since they audibly change the SQ, decreasing the soundstage. Touch controls work fine as long as you hit the target area.
But I do use the Sonys more than Momemtum, primarily because the ****ing Momentums can't hold a charge for more than 2 days even if not used. Keeps on discharging on it;s own (known issue with the TWS 1).
Both are quite easily beat by PX550 II, which are what I prefer over any of these TWS (no brainer, headphones > TWS).

For those looking for budget options, give Earfun a try. They are not directly available here, but I got their first release via Indiegogo, and for 50$, it was a super buy. They have released many models over the years, and are a good option for value conscious, punching above average AQ.

Probably a bit to the thread, but I own the WF1000XM3 and Seinheisser Momentum TWS 1. The Momentum TWS sound a bit...closed (muffled ?) as compared to WF, but a little tweaking can open them up. They are pretty uncomfortable on the ear though, and jut out quite a bit. Touch sensitivity is pretty shit.
The WFs are decent, but I couldn't find a single tip which could hold them inside my ear for more than 20-30 mins. Have to keep on adjusting. Tried aftermarket tips too. Not a fan of foam tips since they audibly change the SQ, decreasing the soundstage. Touch controls work fine as long as you hit the target area.
But I do use the Sonys more than Momemtum, primarily because the ****ing Momentums can't hold a charge for more than 2 days even if not used. Keeps on discharging on it;s own (known issue with the TWS 1).
Both are quite easily beat by PX550 II, which are what I prefer over any of these TWS (no brainer, headphones > TWS).

For those looking for budget options, give Earfun a try. They are not directly available here, but I got their first release via Indiegogo, and for 50$, it was a super buy. They have released many models over the years, and are a good option for value conscious, punching above average AQ.
Have you tried Comply with your XM3, I bought these primarily for workouts and thus want them to stay firm inside my ears while running.

I tried the Sony’s one that came with the box. They are neither foam nor silicon but some kind of hybrid between the two. Outer surface reminds of foam but inner is completely silicon since they did not retain their shape once pressed or squeezed.

Currently using the largest size silicon tip and it provides really good seal but not enough to keep them in while running.

Sorry for going OT - Yup, folks at Earfun are producing some great stuff at reasonable prices. Highly recommended by Oluv's Gadgets. Unfortunately they don't deliver in India. I wanted to get their 'Go' speakers last year but to no avail. Earfun is founded by few ex-Tribit employees, which is another good company. Tribit otoh sells its products on Amazon directly.

Lately, they have changed their approach and aren't making earphones from ground-up, instead they are taking the best option already available in the market, make few improvements, rebadge it and sell. The current best TWS under $100 is Earfun Free Pro, which is a rebadged Fiil T1 Pro (chifi). Last year they had rebadged Edifier NB2 as Earfun Air Pro.

I am looking to get Fiil T1 Lite ($35) as soon as aliexpress ban gets lifted. It is supposed to have similar SQ as the T1 Pro without ANC, which isn't even good in Pros.

Check https://www.scarbir.com/ for reviews on best TWS under $100, $50 or $25.

Back