SONY Xperia NXT Series

The 8GB storage is confirmed right?

@compaddict

Yes 8 GB is confirmed.
<

2GB is reserved for the system, rest is user accessible.

Checked at sony's website.. Out of the 8 GB, only 4GB would be user accessible, not 6 GB.

Can anybody explain me whether the apps installed on phone take up Phone's reserved memory share or get installed on the user accessible 4gb.. I've never used android before.??

The Xperia S has got an average review by early users on XDA. Apparently the phone does not feel as snappy as Samsung galaxy S2...

Even I was quite tempted by Xperia P, but the battery capacity and limited storage is a big negative. I suppose I will settle for HTC Sensation after all...

The Xperia S has got an average review by early users on XDA. Apparently the phone does not feel as snappy as Samsung galaxy S2...

Even I was quite tempted by Xperia P, but the battery capacity and limited storage is a big negative. I suppose I will settle for HTC Sensation after all...

I think this might be because Xperia S has a 720p screen but using the older generation Soc. You could wait for HTC One S, hands on reviews from MWC say the phone is very snappy. Limited storage is still an issue though.

I hope you have checked the Sensation thread at XDA, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1137323 before going for Sensation, lot of issues

@comp@ddict

You could take a look at the pepper then. The same phone you posted about here. It will have 8 GB Internal storage like the U but also have a microSD slot for expanding memory further. It will be a little more expensive though MRP 19990. Its a Neo V replacement with a 3.7 inch screen and NFC is included as well.

Street price should be about 18.5k.

I'm waiting for that phone only. Not the Xperia U(no memory card).

JUst want it to be available already. :desperation:
<

@Aces170

There are only a few people who are saying that, most people have said that its the smoothest and the fastest Android device they have owned.
<

Also it beats all other Android devices available in the market currently in benchmarks. Even beats the Galaxy Note.

Hmm, I will ofcourse wait for the reviews, but the small battery of Experia P seems like a downer. In any case, it makes more sense for waiting Galaxy S III's release, as most of the phones will be repriced after the release.

^

SONY offers 50gb cloud storage free with Xperia smartphones
happy19.gif

that's box! everyone can get that... no big deal

I was really excited when i saw the new lineup... was even considering the xperia P, but if its gonna cost 25k... i'd much rather go for Htc Sensation!! alot of Roms available for it too!!

So is the Xperia S worth it at 30k+ ? What's the competition like? the HTCs ?

So is the Xperia S worth it at 30k+ ? What's the competition like? the HTCs ?

HTC One X is the best Android phone currently at 35k, so flexible budget people should consider that seriously, the screen is mind blowing as per reviews.

At ~30-32k, options are Xperia S, Note and RAZR. Among them, Xperia S is definitely a good buy, at least until HTC One S comes in (which would be cheaper and will offer better performance, at the cost of screen resolution). As newer flagships get launched in the coming months, Xperia S may not be able to keep up as it's running older SoC.

HTC One X is the best Android phone currently at 35k, so flexible budget people should consider that seriously, the screen is mind blowing as per reviews.

At ~30-32k, options are Xperia S, Note and RAZR. Among them, Xperia S is definitely a good buy, at least until HTC One S comes in (which would be cheaper and will offer better performance, at the cost of screen resolution). As newer flagships get launched in the coming months, Xperia S may not be able to keep up as it's running older SoC.

There is no guarantee than the One S will be launched at a price point below 30k. It has been launched at 34k (after conversion) in Europe, just 1-2k below the One X. It has a Super AMOLED (though not HD) screen, Qc Krait (claimed to be faster than the quad core Tegra 3), so a ~30k price is really unlikely. Expect it to launch at ~33-34k
<

I was waiting for Xperia S but now I'm not sure. HTC One X got great reviews from Engadget and other sites. Have to check it out? But I like Sony UI a lot.

Back