sony xperia s or samsung galaxy s2 ? what should i go for,share ur views

jaffa

Disciple
i have been a nokia user all my life n want to switch on to an android phone,
i have 2 mobiles on my mind
1) sony xperia s
2)samsung galaxy s2

any hands on user whos used both the phones or at least gotten their hands on both the phones could please provide me with some advice

regarding sony i have some doubt, my brothers got some walkman brand android 2.1 running phone i played with that many a times n found that the touch response of that phone is not upto the mark, so hows this sony xperia s touch response?

Thanking u guys in advance for ur suggestions n help,

i am not going to change this phone for atleast say another 2 years,
so plz guide my guys

the battery on sony xperia s is not replaceable one n i am a heavy user so will it survive 2 years of heavy usage?
can some one plz guide me into buying the best one in between those or any other suggestions

^
As I said, I think the XS you tried might be defective. My XS and a lot of other owners have no problem with the earspeaker, its loud and clear. And no way to increase the volume. If you get a defective unit, just get it replaced. Get a newer batch Xperia S 12W17 or later and you should have a problem free unit.
@DarkAngel

Nenamark 2 also Xperia S wins, not GSII. You must remember the GSII has only 40 per cent of the pixels the Xperia S is pushing. (800x480 vs 1280x720). The Galaxy Note, which has an even more powerful version of Exynos dual core than GSII and similar resolution scores only 30 in Nenamark 2. So Xperia S wins in Nenamark 2 as well, by a tiny margin. :)

Also XS outperforms GSII in Linpack, Passmark Performance benchmark, Peacekeeper HTML benchmark, Antutu,Vellamo and many more

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw guys, i have the option of choosing between xs and gs2 (checked box, it is I9100) at 28.2k & 26.5k locally at my place. Maybe the shopwala might reduce the price of s2 by 100-200 bucks.

I am tilted towards xs, is it a good decision.
How much is the Droid RAZR ? On the face of it, Experia S is a better choice due to the resolution. Screen quality is debatable, as I prefer the vibrant colors and natural blacks of a Super AMOLED screen. Both the phones have good enough support at XDA. (edit: Xperia S has very little development so far at XDA, for me that's very important).

You should give the note a second thought, I had migrated to a note from an E63, and was hesitant for the big phone. But the size is really good for web browsing, watching multimedia, and it fits my pocket comfortably. I for one am never moving back to a screen size smaller then 5.3"

You should give the note a second thought, I had migrated to a note from an E63, and was hesitant for the big phone. But the size is really good for web browsing, watching multimedia, and it fits my pocket comfortably. I for one am never moving back to a screen size smaller then 5.3"

Are you sure the Note fits your pocket ? A friend of mine couldn't bring his Note when we went someplace as it didn't fit in his pocket :|

Are you sure the Note fits your pocket ? A friend of mine couldn't bring his Note when we went someplace as it didn't fit in his pocket
Lol it fits comfortably, unless you are a fan of thigh hugging jeans :p In which case even a 4" screen would be uncomfortable...

Back