Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

One question.

Is our bootloader unlocked? Do some of the phones come with unlocked bootloader?

Nope as far as I know we all got locked bootloaders. The XPERIA S will have it unlocked once it gets the AOSP update.

Also, all Nexus devices have an unlocked bootloader (correct me if I am wrong). Cheerio!

Nope as far as I know we all got locked bootloaders. The XPERIA S will have it unlocked once it gets the AOSP update.

Also, all Nexus devices have an unlocked bootloader (correct me if I am wrong). Cheerio!

No Xperia device comes with unlocked bootloader and will not. AOSP update will be available only to those who unlock their bootloaders.

@comp@ddict

Sources. Wasn't I right about the September 29 ICS release date ? :)

@sam9953

Does your TV have DLNA ? Only then it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ MIUI is out for Sola, I need to root and unlock the device asap.

[ROM][12/10/]Manavâ„¢Rom:Experience MIUI - xda-developers

KwEoK.jpg
yWGtN.jpg

Planning to buy Sony Xperia U by next week. I am also happy to see that the price has reduced from 16300 to 14700 on flipkart :D

^Yup it's MIUI Theme based ROM and not the actual MIUI ROM.

On a side note, official ICS is out for Xperia U in India. I updated mine just now.
Will report back after playing a bit with it.

Bought a 40" Sony LED Smart TV series TV.

I will be able to stream content from my Sola onto it right?

Yes you will be able to do that, but you need either a UWA - BR100 wifi adapter for your TV or you need to have a LAN cable attached to your TV so that you have internet connectivity and then you will be able to stream the content.

@comp@ddict

That's a really nice TV ! ;)

Do get the extended warranty on it within a year. For 40 inches it costs only Rs.3000 for 2 years extended warranty ( 1 + 2 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back