Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

@randomuser111 buddy, I am facing an issue, now that my battery is below 15% (currently 9%), the LED notification keeps blinking it is blinking with organge color and doesn't seem to stop, how can I stop it? Why is it blinking anyway? Is it because of the battery being low or something else?

Yep that is the notification light (signal) that your battery is low, there are notification lights for everything else, including but not limited to messages, missed calls and other sundry notifications.

You will have to configure by going into the Settings and wrangling about. Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that is the notification light (signal) that your battery is low, there are notification lights for everything else, including but not limited to messages, missed calls and other sundry notifications.

You will have to configure by going into the Settings and wrangling about. Cheerio!
Yeah, I guessed it would have been the battery, I have searched the whole of settings page, could not find how to shut off this notification anywhere, can you please tell me where do I find this? @randomuser111 please help as well.

Yeah, I guessed it would have been the battery, I have searched the whole of settings page, could not find how to shut off this notification anywhere, can you please tell me where do I find this? @randomuser111 please help as well.

You can't turn it off. Only thing you can and should do is charge your phone :p

If you root your phone you might be able to turn it off after Installing the LightFlow app

Would you mind explaining what all "bloatware" did you remove? which battery saver did you use at night?
Off the top of my head I can remember McAffee and Sony Playstation related stuff. The battery saver is the thing that comes with the stock rom - it applies brightness, backlight and volume related settings rather than kill tasks which restart and take up more battery.

Bravia Engine. Does it do anything while I'm just using the phone for texting and calling or browsing?
It enhances the images and video quality, it however does not work on ICS. Sony would look stupid if they did not even roll out ICS while Samsung is giving out Jelly Bean, so they sneaked this past silently.

You can't turn it off. Only thing you can and should do is charge your phone :p

If you root your phone you might be able to turn it off after Installing the LightFlow app

Seems like now I might root it after all, but not now, after some time, seems like rooting has many benefits.

Off the top of my head I can remember McAffee and Sony Playstation related stuff. The battery saver is the thing that comes with the stock rom - it applies brightness, backlight and volume related settings rather than kill tasks which restart and take up more battery.

It enhances the images and video quality, it however does not work on ICS. Sony would look stupid if they did not even roll out ICS while Samsung is giving out Jelly Bean, so they sneaked this past silently.
Is your phone rooted?

Nah, I'm on ICS. I'm waiting for some way to root it without going back to Gingerbread.

Huh ? There are multiple ways of rooting ICS on Xperia S. ICS for XS is out since months, not days.

Use V13 from here to root. Also don't forget to use NORMAL mode. Just follow the instructions. V14 does NOT work for the S, so download only v13.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

So. We have to wait for Jelly Bean to have all features enabled? That is 2013 I believe (after end of the world!!!)

What all features ? Bravia Engine bug is only in pictures, and not all devices have the bug. For videos it works on every phone. And also this has been confirmed only on the S, the other phones there is no Bravia Engine bug.

Also Jellybean is coming BEFORE the end of the world, not after :p

How would I get to know if it is working or not? I mean apart from switching it on or off from the display settings, does it give any signs while viewing photos that it is working?

How would I get to know if it is working or not? I mean apart from switching it on or off from the display settings, does it give any signs while viewing photos that it is working?

No other way. Just look at a pic with it on and then off.
@comp@ddict

As I said before, the bug is only with S. Sola/U/P/Go do not have any issues with Bravia Engine.

Back