Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

Ah is it that cheap? If that is the case then I might go for it. Thanks for all the advice. And what about my build version is it the latest one? I hope I have ICS?

I think certain carriers like Airtel and Vodafone provide a micro-sim if you go to their outlets, why not try that?

A question to everybody here, The Xperia Sola does come with a factory fitted Screen Guard, right?

Sola does come with Screen guard , U comes with 2 (one applied and one additional), P I dont have much idea while S doesn't come with one.
@ALPHA17 can update us on the go :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that's the latest ICS build for India, @sam9953 .

You can still use your phone though without sim card. Explore the phone until you get the micro Sim cutter kit.

Also change your camera settings from SCNAuto to Normal. Then change focus mode from smile detection to multi auto focus and for daylight choose ISO 100 and evening ISO 200 and in low light choose Auto. Scene Mode - OFF.

In video mode change focus mode to Infinity, Scene Mode - OFF.

Also in Settings - Developer Options check USB Debugging, Force GPU rendering, and Show all ANRs

@ALPHA17 can update us on the go

Nothing with the go (OR the guys at SONY Centre removed it as the box was not sealed when I bought it), we have a layer of mineral glass which is more scratch resistant than even Gorilla glass (though not as shatter-resistant), the senior phone Acro S has a Dragontrail glass layer which is said to be overall much better than Gorilla in shatter resistance and scratch resistance.

Not been using screen-guard because till now I have not scratched it in daily use and 'matte' screen-guards are expensive.

Yes now your phone is locked(not really) to the region the ftf belonged to. Of course you can change that by Installing Indian firmware later on. As for Custom Kernel on the Go, I haven't really checked if there is any kernel available for Go ICS. Will need to check
EDIT: I don't think there is any custom kernel out yet. Correct me if I'm wrong @comp@ddict

So any chance to roll back to Indian firmware, now.

i am hating ICS overall , full bugs ..
i did pc companion update then factory reset ..

1. WIFI bugs , keeps on reconnecting , sometimes restarting the phone keeping wifi on fixes it for some hours, then the time i off it , next time again keeps on reconnecting ......NOW today 3 restarts still not even the reconnecting problem solved..

2. Battery drains like hell ..and sometimes shows even charge increase like 30% went to 33% LOL .. calibration issues.
3. USB mode doesn't works until i change it to debug mode .....even then the charging % is buggy ..also screen senstitvity decreases while charging ..
4. Click on any menu settings , and it will take .5 sec just to highlight the text (like lag) then go to the required next menu ..
5. Phone call and receive is laggy .
6. Wifi hotspot and sometimes usb tethering doesn't work says "Network error" WTF.....
7. Screen flickering issue sometimes when on low light .....
8. People also reporting reboot loop while using SD card until u format the card , i dont whether i should buy what i wanted to buy the 32 gb sd card ..
9. Can't run more than 3-4 apps at a time , it closes or crashes the apps ..
10. Poor ram management , very poor !!
11. what is wrong with the battery config , gsmarena shows battery is li-ion , but u do *#*#4636#*#* and battery info shows li-poly , WTF ??
and best of all

Gingerbread (the .184) had none of these problems (updating to .184 even made battery last longer)..

guys whats the problem , is sony gonna fix it ?? i cant use the internet at all because wifi bugs !!
also what do you think , is it because of the ICS or because sony guys didn't tested ICS well on SOLA....come on
the whole official sola forum is full of above complaints , how can one cannot notice these when they put ICS on sola..come on bad testers at sony ..
this was my first sony phone as well as my first android phone and now i think WASTAGE !! will never buy it again if sony doesn't fixes it soon !!

now for the meantime , any good custom roms available ??
also since my first android phone i need all the info from basic to advance regarding flashing , etc :p :)

also how can one use reverse usb tether without rooting and reverse bluetooth tether at all ??

Yes that's the latest ICS build for India, @sam9953 .

You can still use your phone though without sim card. Explore the phone until you get the micro Sim cutter kit.

Also change your camera settings from SCNAuto to Normal. Then change focus mode from smile detection to multi auto focus and for daylight choose ISO 100 and evening ISO 200 and in low light choose Auto. Scene Mode - OFF.

In video mode change focus mode to Infinity, Scene Mode - OFF.

Also in Settings - Developer Options check USB Debugging, Force GPU rendering, and Show all ANRs
Thanks for all these tips, can you please tell me how to delete things news and weather and google plus, which i dont use, also how do i sync details from my facebook account to phone, things like birthday and contact photos, i want to sync them. Also how is it possible to not close a program and just keep it in the background?

Also how is it possible to not close a program and just keep it in the background?

Just exit the application it will continue running in the background.

If you want to access it later just long-tap the Home button and all the apps running in the background will pop-up. Please note the battery will steadily deplete with multiple apps running in the background.

Thanks alpha I have figured it out with your help. Any idea about the other queries I asked, I have a few more BTW:
How is it possible to switch wi-fi on or off by just one click like in my mother's gingerbread phone, now in my ICS xperia S I have to first go to settings and then switch it on, it is so irritating to do that.
How is it possible to know how much battery is left without having to go the settings everytime, I am asking for the best or least battery consuming widget for telling me how much battery is left?
Apart from poweramp what are the other good apps for increasing sound quality and volume of songs?

Thanks alpha I have figured it out with your help. Any idea about the other queries I asked, I have a few more BTW:
How is it possible to switch wi-fi on or off by just one click like in my mother's gingerbread phone, now in my ICS xperia S I have to first go to settings and then switch it on, it is so irritating to do that.
How is it possible to know how much battery is left without having to go the settings everytime, I am asking for the best or least battery consuming widget for telling me how much battery is left?
Apart from poweramp what are the other good apps for increasing sound quality and volume of songs?
For switching Wifi On/Off simply use the widget which comes preinstalled on your phone. The widget is under some Power Tools section in Add widgets option IIRC.

For the battery status use this widget (I use it on my Xperia U) -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.maicas.android.batterys&hl=en

As for the songs I use the stock music player on my U.

Power Toggles is what you need. Far better than alternatives like Widgetsoid or SwitchPro. It also has an LED torch toggle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc&hl=en

Press the Options button, basically the one on the right-side w.r.t. to the central Home button, on the top of the screen a small tab will pop-up with a plus sign in the right-corner, tap that.

You will be taken to the registered shortcut(s) of the various applications on your phone. All you need to do is scroll down to the Power tools options and click on the appropriate widgets you need placed on the home menu. I will add pictures soon to aid you. Cheerio!

Power Toggles is what you need. Far better than alternatives like Widgetsoid or SwitchPro. It also has an LED torch toggle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc&hl=en

No need of the above, SONY has a pretty strong suite of shortcuts provided by default and more importantly you can always bring the torch app (as a shortcut) onto the home screen.

No need of the above, SONY has a pretty strong suite of shortcuts provided by default and more importantly you can always bring the torch app (as a shortcut) onto the home screen.

I have seen and used Sony's default toggles as my GF has an Xperia U. They are nowhere close to being as functional as Power Toggles is. A shortcut is a lot different from a toggle widget as it involves 1-2 less clicks. The customisation options in Power Toggles are off the hook. It is a free app and one can always uninstall it if it isn't up to his/her liking. Anyway, to each his own :)

^^ True, but Powetools also has a lot of options that we have no need of. Especially 4G and LTE will just sit.

Power Toggles, you mean :)

That's the best part. It is fully customisable. Simply use the toggles that you want. De-select the ones you do not need. Here are two of the instances of this widget on my home screens.

Screenshot_2012-10-08-10-10-48.jpgScreenshot_2012-10-08-10-12-23.jpg

@sam9953

I use beautiful battery disc widget and Power Toggles :)

Also to delete system apps you need to root first. As for sound quality, if you bribe me I can tell you how you can make your XS sound better than an Ipod and blow your ears out loud :p

"Press the Options button, basically the one on the right-side w.r.t. to the central Home button, on the top of the screen a small tab will pop-up with a plus sign in the right-corner, tap that. " @ALPHA17 I did try this but nothing happened, in which screen am I suppose to be when I have to tap the options button?
@randomuser111 what form and how much do you want me to bribe to leak that secret out from you?

One more thing, how do I sync photos and contacts from facebook to my phone?

Back