Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

i am confused between xperia s and the galaxy nexus..
both are pretty much the same cost on ebay(where i'm buying from)
which would you guys suggest?
also i've heard a lot of bad rumors about the nexus's screen..
any bugs that have veen in the xperia s?
reply asap...going to make the buy soon

- - - Updated - - -

also..if anyone can lend me a 10% or 20% off coupon..i'll be really obliged :)

Wow, do you guys really think what gammaboy is doing wiill work? I mean will he be able to get the Xperia S for 22K, if yes then please tell me as well guys because XS has still not arrived which I ordered from adexmart and if this ebay thing will work and I can get my XS for 22k then I will buy from there. But I need your confirmation.

^
are you sure?
when will it inform me that...i tried a dry run...and applied a 5% coupon and it worked till checkout and asked for my credit card details..
i mean..i entered the coupon code and it did reduce the price by 1.x k..

Hey Gammaboy can you tell me some ebay seller of any other website, which is trust worthy, below 26K but yeah it should provide Sony Warranty. I don't trusy seller warranty at all.

@gammaboy

lucky you. coupon is working inspite of the item being under the DOW category . when i tried yesterday, it gave an error.

solid deal IMO . might end up getting one too. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
@sam9953
sorry buddy..
you have already scored the best deal IMHO, i'm talking about adexmart.
i just dont think 5k is worth manufacturer warranty, i'm going to blindly trust sony's build quality this time..

sam9953
sorry buddy..
you have already scored the best deal IMHO, i'm talking about adexmart.
i just dont think 5k is worth manufacturer warranty, i'm going to blindly trust sony's build quality this time..

But what if incase your phone's speakers go kaput, the screen has some problem or any other issue then you will have to pay some money for getting the problem repaired, am I right?

If anybody with an Xperia Sola after upgrading to ICS wants the Quick Panel (The panel in the notification bar) they can follow these steps

1> Root your phon using the Binary V9 toolkit.
2> Get Root Explorer or Root Browser or any other file manager and grant it Super User permissions.
3> Download this package from here Quick Panel.zip
4> Place the 2 Apk's after extracting inside your /system/apps folder and give them the { Read Write, Read, Read } permissions, make sure you rename the previous SystemUI.apk to SystemUIbackup.apk (or, anything else you want)
5> Restart your phone (It'll say something like Android is upgrading) and it should work.

Screenshot_2012-10-05-01-26-42.jpg

But what if incase your phone's speakers go kaput, the screen has some problem or any other issue then you will have to pay some money for getting the problem repaired, am I right?

that risk i'm ready to take, i think even if some hardware goes wrong, it won't take 5k to get it repaired.
and as far as my experience goes, most phones don't go kaput before 1-1.5 years,
if there is a manufacturing fault though, i can get the phone replaced , there is a "14 day cashback system" on that deal :D

@gammaboy. I think you are probably right about it. I would have gone with your deal and next time I think I will go for such a deal only as it is cheaper but now that I the phone is about to reach me I feel its too late to backout.

gammaboy. I think you are probably right about it. I would have gone with your deal and next time I think I will go for such a deal only as it is cheaper but now that I the phone is about to reach me I feel its too late to backout.

thanks buddy, and congrats on the awesome phone :bigok:
i am still waiting for a 10% or above coupon so please share if you get one :hail:

Back