Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

Just download the file and unzip it with 7zip and then run the RunMe.bat file, follow the instructions that will pop up.

Did this last night, things got to a new level of smooth for me. Very snappy animation, almost nil choppiness. This is super =].

Now how do I get rid of the default applications like facebook for which I have no needz.

How were you able to make that out? I mean the Thailand part?

I bought the phone off ebay. Is this from another region unlocked and sold here? Is that the issue? Could it be? How do I check?
randomuser111 @ALPHA17

This is how, all discounted merchandise on eBay is brought in from Thailand, Dubai.

Haven't faced any major issues Mr. Man. I bought my phone from the local SONY Centre. Clean install courtesy flashtool and now it shows everything is on track right.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Huh ? What rooting has to do with performance ? Until and unless you are overclocking. You are not installing custom rom :p

U8500 isn't a good overclocker AFAIK.

^^ Huh ? What rooting has to do with performance ? Until and unless you are overclocking. You are not installing custom rom.

Just cleared the entire que of processes running in the background OR cached in the RAM. No over-clocking but the experience is smoother now than when I had just installed stock ICS.

Just cleared the entire que of processes running in the background OR cached in the RAM. No over-clocking but the experience is smoother now than when I had just installed stock ICS.

Install Root Browser app from Play Store and then go to /System/App folder and delete the facebook/timescape/twitter/googleplus/geniewidget/ and other stuff you don't use.

- - - Updated - - -

hey @randomuser111 sorry for bringing this up but I felt I just had to ask this. I did a few google searches about voiding my warranty and I found out that sony phones cannot be rooted without unlocking the bootloader (I honestly don't know what it is) but I also found out that unlocking bootloader will void the warranty, as you told me previously. So the method you mentioned in the above posts, will it help me not void my warranty? Surely?

Even Unlocking bootloader doesn't void warranty (kind of). When you give your phone for repair just flash the stock Indian Rom and relock the bootloader. Simple :)

But anyway, just rooting doesn't void warranty at all.

Install Root Browser app from Play Store and then go to /System/App folder and delete the facebook/timescape/twitter/googleplus/geniewidget/ and other stuff you don't use.

Thanks man, you are a genius, will do the needful and report back.

The expected review sadly cannot be done this week, house is a mess with whitewash going on. Will still keep tabs on power consumption, battery life to contribute to the same.

Still waiting for ICS for my XU!
Although some Aussie on XDA claims to have got ICS many don't believe him there :O

Okay will talk with you more about warranty and rooting once I get the phone. But there is something very urgent and important that has come to my mind. Guys I still haven't got the phone and will get it probably in 3 days, once the phone arrives please tell me for which signs, seals and other things should I look at to make sure that I am not getting some imported phone from Thailand, Dubai or somewhere else. I want a proper Indian Xperia S which will receive updates and should be like the ones sold at official Sony centres which most of you have. After hearing the case of comp@ddict I doubt that adexmart might be selling me an imported phone as well because they are selling the phone 1K lesser than my local retailer. Help me about this issue.

Or simply install Titanium Backup from Play Store to uninstall bloatware system apps. As the name suggests, you can also take backup of apps which you do not want to lose after changing ROMs. For flashoholics like me, this is THE best Android app.

Or simply install Titanium Backup from Play Store to uninstall bloatware system apps. As the name suggests, you can also take backup of apps which you do not want to lose after changing ROMs. For flashoholics like me, this is THE best Android app.

Thanks Sire, I am not too much flashing for now, maybe 1 -->3 months later I might sink into that mode. Cheerio! =]

Update: @randomuser111 I installed Root Browser (lite) deleted a lot of fb and twitter crap. Timescape can stay as I do not use it any way =P.

Do you know what retaildemo.apk is?

You mean all that should be mentioned about import should be "India" I believe New Delhi is not a surety right, I mean is Delhi the only place where it is imported. @comp@ddict can you please tell me what was written on your phone?

My Xperia P box says, imported by Sony Mobile Comunications (India) Private Limited, 4th floor, dhaka house, 18/17, WEA karol bagh, New Delhi
You mean all that should be mentioned about import should be "India" I believe New Delhi is not a surety right, I mean is Delhi the only place where it is imported. comp@ddict can you please tell me what was written on your phone?

^Though what you are talking about is an Xperia P but then too it says that it is imported by someone in Delhi, anyway thanks for that. I am waiting for comp@ddict because it seems he has been given a phone which is from Thailand and is not India compatible.

^Though what you are talking about is an Xperia P but then too it says that it is imported by someone in Delhi, anyway thanks for that. I am waiting for comp@ddict because it seems he has been given a phone which is from Thailand and is not India compatible.

Sam just look for the following hologram stickers (images courtesy my go) --

Imported by ICA -- Indian Cellular Association (reads ICA and INDIA when held at an angle)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

SONY official hologram sticker

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

You mean all that should be mentioned about import should be "India" I believe New Delhi is not a surety right, I mean is Delhi the only place where it is imported.

Delhi, Karol Bagh to be precise is where their office is for import division. So I think all products (of a certain class) carry the stamp of that office.
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@ALPHA17

retaildemo.apk is safe to remove. It's just demo mode for stores.
@sam9953

Not "someone" buddy. That's the office of Sony Mobile India. Sony Mobile India only imports Xperia phones in India, nobody else. So yes New Delhi (exact) address as posted by chirag is what you should look for.

Thanks a lot to all of you guys, so this address by Chirag and the photo's by Alpha, I will look for them once I get the phone, now even people in my family are getting angry about the phone not arriving on time, I ordered it last thursday and its already wednesday.

Updated phone with INDIA ROM. Now phone reads India SI code. Basically Indian-ized it
So does this mean that your phone is not a thailand one, as stated by RU111?
Anyway, when you bought the phone, did it have all those holograms and did it state import place as Delhi?

Back