Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

I tried flashing MIUI image file using fastboot method but when i loaded the image the process exited with an error.

Device not rooted.

well I did used the method in the above mentioned thread and super use is installed. I even used su command and rom manager couple of times and it worked ?

Then why I am getting the error ?

What possible could be the issue and the solution to it ?
@randomuser111 @comp@ddict @ALPHA17

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dark Star

Can you tell me what exactly you want to achieve ? Basically you want to enjoy the benefits of rooting and trying out mods, right ?

For root (if the ROM is not pre rooted) use Flashtool to root using Adb Restore hack root method. Easy and simple way.
@comp@ddict

Link him to a good custom ROM please

^^ yep. Flashing and playing out with config files and over/under clocking.

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Star

Can you tell me what exactly you want to achieve ? Basically you want to enjoy the benefits of rooting and trying out mods, right ?

For root (if the ROM is not pre rooted) use Flashtool to root using Adb Restore hack root method. Easy and simple way.
comp@ddict

Link him to a good custom ROM please

I don't think the ROM I flashed as mentioned the XS thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029756 . I used the shell script to root the device ? Doesn't that make the ROM rooted ?

6.1.1.B.54 something.

Now here is the catch - If I power on the device and use flashtool it says Root Access Allowed.

Now if I boot into fastboot method to flash it says "failed (The Device must be rooted first) "

Dang. What now !

Paste of the log - Flash error - Pastebin.com

I suggest you use Binary's Root for ALL method

The tutorial is given as ROot 6.1.1.B.54 FW in the SOLA thread. Use that. Root it (that's how i used to root, till I unlocked my Bootloader)

GUYS I am facing a very strange kind of problem with my Xperia s. While playing songs, the song suddenly pauses for 1 to 3 seconds and starts back again, I thought this must be an application specific problem so I removed player pro which I used for playing songs and started using walkman app but the problem occurs in that too, tbe song files are fine, not corrupt because untill two days back everything was fine. Any solutions and suggestions?

That i guess is ram low issue..i also face this when using apps and listening to music in walkman sometimes music kind of pauses and continues in 1-2 seconds. Restart the device after some days ram issue dont arise thats what i do..

I already tried the restart, it didnt work at all. What else can I do if this is.low ram issue? What else do is do so that I can reduce ram.usage? Should I remove.applications? Data? What?

Go/P will stop at 4.1.2
Why doesn't P feature in the 5.0 roadmap? Its got quite capable hardware. Sony isn't doing any good to its existing customers by employing such policies. I've got a P for my wife and not yet decided on my next phone. I don't have a budget for the flagship (Z) and such uncertainty for the mid-range models would prompt me to look elsewhere.
Anyways, good to hear something special for sola and go users is on the cards.

^

It isn't due to the fact that Sony doesn't wanna care about P owners. ST-Ericsson isn't providing newer drivers for Novathor chipset beyond 4.1.2. Not just Sony, but any phone with NovaThor chipset will not get updated beyond 4.1.2 as ST-Ericsson isn't willing to help out OEMs.
@sam9953

How much FREE Ram you get generally buddy? And what browser you use?

^

It isn't due to the fact that Sony doesn't wanna care about P owners. ST-Ericsson isn't providing newer drivers for Novathor chipset beyond 4.1.2. Not just Sony, but any phone with NovaThor chipset will not get updated beyond 4.1.2 as ST-Ericsson isn't willing to help out OEMs.
@sam9953

How much FREE Ram you get generally buddy? And what browser you use?

How do I check my free ram, I dont think I have installed any app to do that. Secondly, I use Google chrome for browsing.

Back