Sony Xperia sola set for India, to be priced at Rs. 19,999

Aman27deep

Skilled
Sony Xperia sola set for India, to be priced at Rs. 19,999

Sony Mobiles is set to launch a new Android phone in India, called Xperia Sola. The phone will be powered by a 1 GHz Dual core processor.

The 2.3 Android phone comes with Sony's new floating touch technology, which enables users to browse the web by hovering their finger just above the screen. This means a users' finger acts like a moving curser, without actually having to touch the display.

The phone is also available for preorder on Flipkart (http://www.flipkart.com/sony-xperia-sola-mobile-phone/p/itmd9g6wtvzzdtfh?pid=MOBD9G6KUQUYQK8N), and it says that it'll be launched in the 4th week of May. The phone will also receive a 4.0 update later.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications[/font]
  • 1 GHz STE U8500 dual-core processor
  • Android 2.3 'Gingerbread'
  • 5-mega pixels rear camera with auto focus
  • xLoud and 3D surround sound
  • NFC, DLNA, GPS, MTP,
  • 3.7 inch Reality display with Mobile Bravia Engine
  • 8GB internal storage
  • 1320 mAh battery
  • Color options: Black, White, & Red

Source : http://www.fonearena.com/blog/49692/sony-xperia-sola-up-for-pre-order-in-india-for-rs-19999.html

Poor battery
sign42.gif
Get ready for faster battery drains. Rest of the features are excellent.

The 2.3 Android phone comes with Sony's new floating touch technology, which enables users to browse the web by hovering their finger just above the screen. This means a users' finger acts like a moving curser, without actually having to touch the display.

This is something nice ! Any links explaining how this actually works

See this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zyKz6QgHvU&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Should have been clear with my words. I want to know how this technology is implemented & works. Like in technical details. How it senses our fingers etc. Not demo
<

Poor battery
sign42.gif
Get ready for faster battery drains. Rest of the features are excellent.

this is not snapdragon so the battery capacity cannot be directly compared to other androids with snapdragons. and btw for normal usage a dual core will sip less power than a single core.

comparing the time specs of sola with the xperia s (snapdragon) in the gsmarena website, it can be seen that sola has more standby time and music play time (40hrs compared to 25hrs in xperia s) but the 3g talktime is a lot higher in xperia s more than its 2g talktime... I guess the 3g radio in the snapdragon is much efficient than the novathor chipset.

so based on the above reasons and assuming the time specs are correct, my opinion is that the battery in sola should be like having a 1500mah in a single core snapdragon handset.

lets see what the reviews say.

_

this is not snapdragon so the battery capacity cannot be directly compared to other androids with snapdragons. and btw for normal usage a dual core will sip less power than a single core.

comparing the time specs of sola with the xperia s (snapdragon) in the gsmarena website, it can be seen that sola has more standby time and music play time (40hrs compared to 25hrs in xperia s) but the 3g talktime is a lot higher in xperia s more than its 2g talktime... I guess the 3g radio in the snapdragon is much efficient than the novathor chipset.

so based on the above reasons and assuming the time specs are correct, my opinion is that the battery in sola should be like having a 1500mah in a single core snapdragon handset.

_

1320mAh is still kinda tiny for such a device, I believe.

Strong suggestion to not purchase a Gingerbread based phone more than 6months post ICS launch.

The chances are that such phone may never go past ICS updates.. of course unless devs back it up well..

Strong suggestion to not purchase a Gingerbread based phone more than 6months post ICS launch.

The chances are that such phone may never go past ICS updates.. of course unless devs back it up well..

They officially mentioned that it'll receive ICS too. Won't lie.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I believe what Madnav is trying to say is that phones like the Sola and Xperia S/U might not go past ICS because they've been released on GB. The 2011 lineup of Sony was also released on GB IIRC. It makes more sense to go for a handset with ICS on board (HTC One series, Galaxy S3) as they are more likely to get the next version of Android through official channels.

_

+1 to this, even though the size is less it could be more efficient and given how well the standby and talktime is rated I doubt it will be slouch in battery backup.

waiting for some review. I am betting big on this phone
<

Sony Has Learnt from its X10 Series.. Giving updates so late will only cause Customers to go..
I was one of them who sold his X10 mini and bought a Galaxy R(Lost trust in Sony).
But, turns out SONY Is ahead of all of them now.. Samsung is soo damn slow, even HTC and Moto are taking time.(ICS Rollout has just Begun)..
So,r8 now Sony is at the top of game considering just user support.

But About the Performance, Sony was never concentrated on keeping the latest and greatest!
They test like hell and use old,yet efficient chipset.
But their NXT/UX Interface/Theme just sucks battery!
If you are to buy a Sony, Unlock Bootloader and Install CM9. You can then see that battery life almost doubles!

About Sola, its good. But i still dont think 1320Mah will cut it through the day..
Maybe when It gets CM9,with floating touch, then Battery Backup would be good to last a DAY. Else, all upto the user.
Dont use 2g/3G data, stick to Wifi, BT off 90% of the time,no BG Data, then it should last 1 day...

Back