Audio Sound Card Advice

santoshdhn

Disciple
Hi,

I require a sound card urgently.I have shortlisted two-
1.Asus xonor dx
2.Asus xonor d2x

Can anybody help me where it is available in nehru place, new delhi and their current prices????????????

All ur help will be appreciated
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Get D2X, though i doubt you'll find it in NP,delhi; still you can try getting in touch with SMC International.

Even if you do find is somewhere, its gonna be overpriced, so its best to import one through KMD, like most of the other members do. Get in touch with him through PM.

guess he doesnt knw whos kMD(katmandude). great chap who can source anythin from US;).

pm him to get the quote for specific product u seek.

WingZero said:
guess he doesnt knw whos kMD(katmandude). great chap who can source anythin from US;).
pm him to get the quote for specific product u seek.

Yeah, u r right...
What will be the warranty on the product and will I be able to get it replaced from asus service centre in india.........
Lastly, how to contact KMD. I am a new member joined today only..........

Switch said:
I am using the DX and to be honest absolutely loving it... d2x is always gonna be better but expensive...

Hi,

How u compare it to onboard for music (ie listening to mp3 because I love listening to music and I listen mostly mp3s . I have z5500).....

Which speakers u r using.............
From where u purchase this sound card and for how much.............

santoshdhn said:
Yeah, u r right...
What will be the warranty on the product and will I be able to get it replaced from asus service centre in india.........
Lastly, how to contact KMD. I am a new member joined today only..........

he's a TE member...u can contact him thru dealer's paradise forum...or directly pm..to..'katmandude'. u can avail his TOPPHOD warranty...for more detailz contact him;)

as for music i guess auzentech prelude is better....not sure....let gurus hav an input on this.

Sound card is the most important part of the system wen it cms to Audio/Music...

Speakers wont deliver evn 20% of their CLARITY/Fidelity/Beat Seperation/Quality/Volume/Bass/Treble :) with an onboard sound card...

Dude plz get a new Sound Card if u evr listen to muci on ur PC...

Trust me, their will be a HUge difference in the above factors n ul start loving music like uve never hrd it b4..

Following are the Sound Cards in order of performance...

50% - Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 - Rs. 800

75% - Creative Audigy 2 Value - Rs. 1600 (BEST4U)

75%-80% ~~~ Asus Sonar - Rs. 2k~4k

80-85% ~~ Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio - Rs. 5.5k

santoshdhn said:
Hi,

How u compare it to onboard for music (ie listening to mp3 because I love listening to music and I listen mostly mp3s . I have z5500).....

Which speakers u r using.............
From where u purchase this sound card and for how much.............

With crappy speakers - never mind.
But with something like the MX5021 - the better the soundcard, the better the sound. Onboard doesn't compare at all.

greenhorn said:
he has Z5500's. The DX's Dolby live encoding should come in handy :)

Wouldn't the xonar's analog out be way superior to the dacs in the z5500? That would negate the use of DD live and DTS connect.

^^ not sure about that. The Z5500's input stage might be a weak link.

Someone with a Z5500 and Xonar DX should try both configs and post the results :)

USB wnt deliver the quality internal does....get a xonar dx i got a quote of 4.3k + tax.. comes to around 4.6k odd from my dealer:)

santoshdhn said:
He Guys,
How is Creative X-Fi surround 5.1 external usb sound card.
I think its available for 3-4k in india............

It sounds better than the internal XFi. I have both. Haven't heard the xonar so can't compare. Be aware the USB XFi only supports EAX4.

Back