Audio Sound Card

hey , why you need soundcard?? music or gaming??

i have a m-audio revolution 7.1 ,cant find much difference between this and onboard sound.it may be due to the speakers i have --creative 4400...lol.

of course the crackling sound has reduced very much in gaming and music with my soundcard.

since u have an MX ,xfi- extreme music for 2k is very good.

verma said:
I own a set of MX5021, which you also had a few yeras back.
so probably you can tell much better which sound card will be good for MX for around 2k.

and at 4250 bucks for XFi Surround USB 5.1, how about Xonar DX for 5000 bucks?

buBleZ's X-fi extreme music seems good at 2k. isn't it?

Xonar is probably a better bet for your purpose. However its drivers are seemingly very buggy.

[OT shameless_plug = true] @Forum67 If there is no difference yank out teh m-audio to me :tongue:[/OT]

At around 1.5 - 1.7K you can get a Audigy Value.

@BacktoExtistence : The review of the C3s are still pending, iirc sangram sir and you were to do the thing.

If you count them in the league with MX5021(They sure look neat to me though).

I changed from onboard to Audigy and I can hear noticeable difference with my AE2.

no time for a review man.. but i am still trying to get 2 days off just for that :rofl:
i was asking that question 'cause i want to buy a soundcard only if there is a considerable not noticeable improvement through the edifiers :)

Try borrowing some TE member's card and try for urself. Or ask someone who already owns C3s.

I think a simple formula
Code:
considerableImprovementInSoundQuality = Speaker.Honesty ? True : Fasle;

sangram said:
I have a SB Live! which is modded to its gills, and sounds quite good - it was for sale. PM me if you're interested and I'll try and dig it out of storage. I had a thread somewhere which had it buried somewhere. I closed it when the whole picture discussion started. That is, if you're in Mumbai, don't bother otherwise. I can't be bothered to ship it anywhere.

Was wondering if u'd post a guide on how to mod the thingy (If already done please gimme the link)? There must be plenty of SB LIve! Audi Val owners around, me included.

Does the modded SB Live! do ASIO? (with modded drivers of course).

Modding soundcards is very, very complex. The SB Live! was a guinea pig for me, one that I would not mind losing, before I tackled the Delta 66 and the 1212m. Not advisable except for the most experienced.

There's a long thread on 'hotrodding' the X-fi over at head-fi.org. Take a look there.

The modded live! does ASIO. Actually, all Live! cards do ASIO with the KX drivers. Modding is not required to enable this functionality. However the DSP still works at 48KHz till Audigy series, so resampling plugins are still required if you don't want the card to mangle the music.

And mine was not the Audigy value, it was the original Value, bought in 2000 or 2001. 4.1 output and all, with a brilliant little Philips DAC for the rear channel and a pathetic little AC97 codec for the front/main channels. The first thing the kx driver did was enable you to switch the outputs, so that a speaker plugged into the rear port would play by default - through the better quality chain - resulting in huge improvements.

Was wondering if u'd post a guide on how to mod the thingy (If already done please gimme the link)? There must be plenty of SB LIve! Audi Val owners around, me included.

Does the modded SB Live! do ASIO? (with modded drivers of course).

Back