Audio Soundmagic MP-21 vs PL-30 for mobile ?

murali1221

Disciple
hello everyone..

I am a little confused to choose between soundmagic mp 21 and pl 30

mp 21 (700 rs ) - with mic - but has L shaped pin..
my samsung wave has socket at the top.. so I am little worried if the wire gets cut when I put in my jeans..while driving..

pl 30 (900 rs)- it has a straight pin
though it doesn't have mic, my phone take builtin speaker if I use earphones.. so not a major problem..

also suggest me if there are any other good ear phones in this range.. 900 is the my limit..

Thank you..

pl30 would suit you fine mate.i use it most of the time but yeah the bass is very less.if you like bass imo you should check something else.

The PL 30 is a better balanced IEM, it does not have bad bass response, it is just that it is more in line this can be remedied with the bass adjuster switches between Clear Bass and Heavy Bass as well they come with excellent foam tips :).

The PL 21 on the other-hand, the bass is overpowering in my views, used both off them, go for whichever you want. But personal like prefer the PL 30 as I listen to metal and alternative rock where I need a more balanced sound not overpowered bass and underpowered treble.

Link to order the SoundMagic PL 21 @700/- SoundMAGIC PL-21 In-Ear Earphones

i am planning to buy a PL30 for my nokia xpress music... does it really sound good with average mobiles.. or is worth buying only if i hv a good mp3 player?? btw, what does burning in mean...

I have been using PL-30 with my Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic for a really long time. It sounds excellent. But do bear in mind that the bass is a little less. It is said to be balanced. But it is definitely there. In certain songs you will hear the thumping bass.

Burning in: IEMs are mechanical device and improve with usage. With my PL-30 I did see an improvement in bass with burn-in. By that time I also got used to using an IEM for the first time.

^^ thanks baccilus.. for how much did u buy it? i am planning to buy along with a E3/E5 amp...

ebay is selling it for 2.5k which is too costly i hope... is there any other better deals?? any shops in chennai selling PL30??

I got it for 1K (including taxes) from Lynx around one and a half years ago. Another IEM you can look at is Brainwavz M1 from Pristine note for Rs1580/-.

You can get the newer Soundmagic E30, that would be even better. Be it pl30 or its newer version e30, they dont really need amping. And yes, they would sound good with a good music phone like the xpress music series.

yes... i cud see lot of negative reviews for lynx-india... theitdepot has PL30B... wondering of both PL30 n PL30B r same....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

any positive takes on lynx-india?

Back