Speakers for Ganesha Festival

Every year we used to hire these bands during bringing home ganesha and during ganesha immersion.But they have started charging horribly nowadays so we thought of getting speakers on rent for the event.

I would like to know where can I get such speakers on rent in mumbai which are used during festivals such as navratri.

So we need any special permission to use them.

How could one run these speakers,i guess by using generators.And how much they cost on rental basis.

Can we use car speakers for such event.Will it be able to produce enough sound or will computer speakers work in open environment.

Please pour your advices as i need to get these speakers by max to max friday morn.

Mods plz correct the title

AFAIK use of loud speakers need a ack from police (just for the sake of it). I would start by looking at the places where they rent out tents,etc for parties.

If you have speakers that produce more than 65dB sound levels, you need specific permission from the police station in your area to use them at all. The 10pm limit still applies, be sure you are aware of all the rules. Old people and infants are very sensitive to loud music, and you should enjoy but be aware of your responsibilities as well.

The speakers are not powered. You need an amplifier to connect them to. Normally the guy who is hiring the entire system will organise the whole thing for you - including a DJ if you want. Start by talking to your caterer. There are numerous outlets in Lamington Road - they won't rent it out, but all their customers do so it's a good place to start asking around.

Back