PC Peripherals Speakers

^^JBL is okay for car audio but not that special for HT/Music. ESCxcite IS a HTIB. Obviously with the moviestar or JBL or any other, you'll have to buy a separate AMP.

Chaos said:
^^Onkyo sucks for speakers. Their receivers/amps are good though especially for HT.

yeah, i was looking to upgrade my receiver to the Onkyo TX-NR1000 if it's available here.

amitmk, here u go for cinebels bandra:

M/s Cinerama Pvt. Ltd, Asuda Kutir Co-operative Society Ltd.,

245/Water Field Road, Bandra (W),

Mumbai - 400050

Ph.: 24955055,

Just got a very whacky idea. Tell me if it is possible.

I have connected the mx5021 in the hall now and i find the output a bit less and would like 2 rear speakers also. Now what i am thinking is to buy one more mx5021 and connect the 2 simaltaneously by splitting the dvd player output into 2 and then treating them as inputs for the 2 subwoofers.

This way i will have a 4.2 version of the mx5021 which i am so totally in love with. No need for an amp also.

What do u think??

i dont think that is such a good idea...the main reason of buying a 5.1 system is to enjoy the surround sound effects of movies,just like in a theatre...which u will not get if u do this.
but,if u dont care for those surround effects:'( than i dont see why u want to buy a 'home-theatre' at all:huh: ...

Hey people I am planning on buying a Marantz SR-4500 along with Polk Audio Monitor 50 floor standing speakers, Montior 30 Bookshelves and the PS-10 Subwoofer, not sure about the center channel. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Vibe

Another thing Chaos, I have noticed that you are a nuclear member and Im sure you can give me some good advice. I was reading audio related stuff on the net and found that some people are using a reciever and a stereo amplifier. Can you please enlighten me on how this is done and whether there are any benifits of doing so?

Vibe

For that price, get a Wharfedale 8.4 or Sonus 2605 (18-20K). Cheap floorstanders aren't that great. You can wire the front floors to an integrated amp and the rest to a surround amplifier. You need to get a dolby decoder though! Integrated amps sound better than HT receivers for music reproduction.

So you suggest that I get the Wharfedale or the Sonus and a stereo amplifier, maybe a NAD, A dolby decoder(any suggestions?), while the sub and the remaining speakers are polk????

Vaibhav

tribal, you you want a 5.1 system, then all speakers must be from the same series of the same company. Do not mix n match speakers.
While I haven't personally heard the Polks, the Monitor series hasn't got very good reviews. For you budget, you could be better off with Sonodyne/Wharfedale / Mission / Monitor Audio / Mordaunt Short / Dali.
Try Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo/Marantz for the AV reciever.

Zhopudey thanks so much! Really appreciate the advice. You too Chaos. Thanks guys. BTW I am also looking at the Klipsch today. It a lot more expensive and Im sure its worth it, but if either of you guys know anyone selling their floorstanding speakers, please post it here. Thanks again

Tribal

zhopudey said:
tribal, you you want a 5.1 system, then all speakers must be from the same series of the same company. Do not mix n match speakers.
While I haven't personally heard the Polks, the Monitor series hasn't got very good reviews. For you budget, you could be better off with Sonodyne/Wharfedale / Mission / Monitor Audio / Mordaunt Short / Dali.
Try Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo/Marantz for the AV reciever.
Yup those speaker choices are great... I'd say dump onkyo/yamaha. Look for Denon or Marantz for receivers.

Chaos said:
Yup those speaker choices are great... I'd say dump onkyo/yamaha. Look for Denon or Marantz for receivers.

i beg to differ on onkyo av receivers.

the TX-NR1000 is a heck of a receiver imho

^^Thats an excellent not so expensive receiver. Marantz is a bit warm so u might wanna pair it with a tad bright speakers.

Back