Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

If saholic is listing to this topic, pls get a sillicon case or some thing to save our camera glass. Why only this phone's camera glass is projected outside?

Guys,

I ordered my mobile yesterday.. and was so happy that the phone was delivered today itself (in New Delhi) but all my happiness turned sour when I saw that the phone that was sent to me by saholic.com was a used piece with clear indications of rough usage. Even the battery was not in its original sleeve. If somebody who ordered from Saholic.com and received a good quality Mi 410 could let me know the mfg date and import date of their product.

Mine one says Mfg Mar 2011 and Import Date Apr 2011.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with this issue and I've to fly out of Delhi on Sunday. any tips / suggestions? Is it possible to get this phone replaced at Spice Mobile Hotspot's in reach since technically its within the 48 hrs window of replacement and mfg warranty is available.

saholic.com gets a big big thumbs down from me :(

Rgds

Sandy

Oh boy, this is disaster. Even I am expecting my handset tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed. I had faced a similar situation few years back with HP. I had ordered a laptop (a specific model) from an HP authorised dealer. In a brand new packing guess what a broken piece. Even the dealer was embarrassed. Now many years down the line things have not changed.

Now I have my fingers crossed.

srawat_itpro said:
Guys,

I ordered my mobile yesterday.. and was so happy that the phone was delivered today itself (in New Delhi) but all my happiness turned sour when I saw that the phone that was sent to me by saholic.com was a used piece with clear indications of rough usage. Even the battery was not in its original sleeve. If somebody who ordered from Saholic.com and received a good quality Mi 410 could let me know the mfg date and import date of their product.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with this issue and I've to fly out of Delhi on Sunday. any tips / suggestions? Is it possible to get this phone replaced at Spice Mobile Hotspot's in reach since technically its within the 48 hrs window of replacement and mfg warranty is available.

Rgds

Sandy
Even I have ordered my Spice Mi-410 today and should receive it within couple of days. But I am shocked to hear that you received a second hand used piece. Would suggest you to send out an email to them & get it replaced immediately. Good that you informed us on this thread, I will keep this thread posted if I receive a second hand piece from them. This is just not acceptable from spice. You can also post your complaint on there Saholic Facebook page.

^ Another friend of mine has a similar issue. he got the phone without the battery from saholic.

Its better that you contact both saholic and Spice hotspot asap.

Was the packaging tampered with? Was the mobile phone box sealed? For all you know, it could be the courier guy's evil.

I bought mine locally from Spice hotspot and had no such issues.

Deathbearer said:
I Would Say Just RUN To Your Nearest Service Center, But Not Before Flashing CSL 2.2 Backup, Go There Make An Innocent Face :)
And Say "Kya Yaar 1 Month Mien Camera Bandh Ho Gaya, Doosre Month Mien Phone Bandh Ho Jaaye Ga, Plz Give Me An New Replacement"
I too had the same problem with the camera, so i ran to service center, they have given me the DOA, now i m sending back my phone to saholic for replacement,hope this time they will send me good one...
@deathbearer Thanks for your concern & support.

srawat_itpro said:
Guys,

Rgds
Sandy
Even I have ordered my Spice Mi-410 today and should receive it within couple of days. But I am shocked to hear that you received a second hand used piece. Would suggest you to send out an email to them & get it replaced immediately. Good that you informed us on this thread, I will keep this thread posted if I received a second hand piece from them. This is just not acceptable from spice. You can also post your complaint on there Saholic Facebook page.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
^ Another friend of mine has a similar issue. he got the phone without the battery from saholic.

Its better that you contact both saholic and Spice hotspot asap.

Was the packaging tampered with? Was the mobile phone box sealed? For all you know, it could be the courier guy's evil.

I bought mine locally from Spice hotspot and had no such issues.

Guess I was in the batch of lucky people who got the prompt delivery, New Phone(not used as someone complained), everything seal packed... Phone working fine, but not even a single dev is interested in this phone on XDA, this is the ONLY drawback which I feel...

my mi410 shows only 800mb internal memory.one other owner also mentioned it on this thread. please give me a solid reply.this is my first android device

Finally got the delivery of the handset, at Pathankot. I had to send some guys to get it up. Now I have to wait for the guys to come back. I wonder when Indian agencies will start accepting APO addresses.

My guys at Pathankot had in interesting experience, the bluedart guy insisted on them opening the package and checking the sealing and the inside contents for satisfaction.

Received package finally....

1. Packing is of a very high standard...very professional.

2. The phone feels very solid and powerful. Big screen is really a change, and I feel pity for all those small screen android handsets whose designers are yet to grasp the full meaning of the android experience.

3. I have removed the film of the back panel, but left the front one intact. It is so securely stuck to the screen I do not feel like removing it. I have graduated from the HTC 3400, hence the screen response is good.

4. Touch response of the software and the fluidity of the OS is a big problem area that has to be addressed. But I am not overtly worried since it is a software problem which will get sorted out.

I now feel sleepy, Its two in the night.

Most imp of all, the phone is in one piece. All hardware and accessories are in factory condition, all sealing intact. And I also received my Olivepad repaired after a long time. So I am going to sleep well.

More to follow...

Just ran a few benchmarks... here are the results
AnTuTu Benchmark results

Model CSL-MI410
No 34848
Score 2685
1024 MHz

Quadrant benchmark
score 1708
This one was a surprise, I was placed the highest...
higher than Nexus One 2.2+, Moto Droid x2.2+,Samsung Galaxy S, and so on

@ Manu George.....
mine is showing Total 357 mb Free 116 mb and Inactive 70 mb
systempanel is showing 174mb available

What do these figures mean exactly...lets see...I have to do some searching.

manu george said:
my mi410 shows only 800mb internal memory.one other owner also mentioned it on this thread. please give me a solid reply.this is my first android device

Even after installing approx. 100 apps, This is the internal memory of my Phone, see whether it helps..

Deathbearer said:
Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Get The HDMI Cable

u need to get micro HDMI to HDMI cable.. check this link..

micro hdmi | eBay

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Well they better know who they owe it :p

yep they should give free phones to u guys.. :)

congrats on ur 1000post..:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

srawat_itpro said:
Guys,

Rgds

Sandy

mine is also mfg mar 2011 and import date apr 2011, but i got new one with all accessories.. i did notice some light leakage on to the screen from capacitive buttons(both ends) as mentioned by st00pfie in my phone also.. u continue bugging them through facebook page, they r more responsive over there.. :)

One problem with the ram size with this phone...no matter which ever app i pick for system information is shows 349~357 MB of ram,i mean where is the remaining ram gone?
i know that Android os will take some space too but apart from that still the usable(free) memory is some where around 100~220 MB depending how many background services are running and apps installed?
Are we fooled by spice on RAM size?
Can anyone elaborate this problem, or show us the memory usage of other android phones on same given hardware as spice mi-410.

Back